Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid, Spain

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, NW Plat, UA 2P
Resurrecting this old Madrid thread, since I'm headed there in early March and would like any info that is current. Any updates? Places (gay) to go, etc. (I have all the info I need on tourist sites.)
Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:57 pm
Suspended

I'm in Madrid now. Was in Seville earlier this week. Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that it was a mistake to come here. It seems Spain is not for me.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I'm in Madrid now. Was in Seville earlier this week. Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that it was a mistake to come here. It seems Spain is not for me.
Madrid is one of my favourite cities, why are you disappointed, is it the language or your encounters.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Madrid is one of my favourite cities, why are you disappointed, is it the language or your encounters.
Madrid is definitely one of the nicer European cities. But I think I have come to prefer outdoorsy vacations over city trips. I just hit me when I was walking on Gran Via. There's just too many people in one place. I rather go some place more relaxed, more green, with less people.
I also went to the Botanical Gardens today and it was so nice to be away from the hectic...didn't want to leave.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Madrid is definitely one of the nicer European cities. But I think I have come to prefer outdoorsy vacations over city trips. I just hit me when I was walking on Gran Via. There's just too many people in one place. I rather go some place more relaxed, more green, with less people.
I also went to the Botanical Gardens today and it was so nice to be away from the hectic...didn't want to leave.
You are so hard to please.
Too many people
Too few people
Too far
Too close
Too gay
Not gay enough
Too cruisy
Not cruisy enough
No lap pool

Personally, I love Madrid: the city life, the energy, talking to the locals, the sights, etc. Wish I could go back soon.

Last edited by carlosdca; Apr 21, 2016 at 2:00 pm
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by carlosdca
You are so hard to please.
Too many people
Too few people
Too far
Too close
Too gay
Not gay enough
Too cruisy
Not cruisy enough
No lap pool

Personally, I love Madrid: the city life, the energy, talking to the locals, the sights, etc. Wish I could go back soon.
Americans are so easy to please: every time they see a cobble stone street they wet themselves.
I have to admit I got a bit unlucky going on vacation with a lingering hand injury, an upset stomach and difficulty sleeping.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Americans are so easy to please: every time they see a cobble stone street they wet themselves.
I have to admit I got a bit unlucky going on vacation with a lingering hand injury, an upset stomach and difficulty sleeping.
There you go, poor baby you, you were not well. Voila, prochaine fois, proxima vers may be better.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Voila, prochaine fois, proxima vers may be better.
Hopefully
Although I am thinking of going to Greece instead of Spain next time...
Old May 3, 2016, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Madrid does have very beautiful afternoon light in April:

Seville is probably best mornings:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.