Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid, Spain

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by davetravels
Anyone gonna be in Madrid next weekend? March 10-14
Actually I will (gotta love $250 mistake fares confirmed into business with Evips)! Celebrating my bday - staying at the Palace. PM me if you want to meet up.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:23 pm

What about ODARKO?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:49 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Actually I will (gotta love $250 mistake fares confirmed into business with Evips)! Celebrating my bday - staying at the Palace. PM me if you want to meet up.
I also got rhe DL deal. I paid a tad more for a stopover in ATL. What's Evips?

Originally Posted by SoccerJock
What about ODARKO?
I'm pretty sure I'll be chekin' out Odarko! Copper, looks like it might be more my cup of tea! I have a lot of experience with similar clubs in Berlin. I've been going 5 times a year!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm pretty sure I'll be chekin' out Odarko! Copper, looks like it might be more my cup of tea! I have a lot of experience with similar clubs in Berlin. I've been going 5 times a year!
I'm glad my suggestion will be of help. I was hoping to be in Madrid on March 9 - 15, but it won't work out now.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:04 pm

Heading back to Madrid 01/01/12 ...may stay at the Palace again. Stayed there 2010 while they have cash+points (3000+$60) now is 4500+$90. Just wonder what the weather like at that time of the year ? Anyone going ? Early Mileage Run.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Mariott Platinum
Anybody going to be there next weekend? Any hotel suggestions if the Palace doesn't open up C&P availability for my second night?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ba739
Heading back to Madrid 01/01/12 ...may stay at the Palace again. Stayed there 2010 while they have cash+points (3000+$60) now is 4500+$90. Just wonder what the weather like at that time of the year ? Anyone going ? Early Mileage Run.
Bf and I did NYE two years ago and the weather was mild/cool. It wasn't terribly freezing or anything, and it didn't rain. We had a great time.

Originally Posted by tomasem
Anybody going to be there next weekend? Any hotel suggestions if the Palace doesn't open up C&P availability for my second night?
Check roommatehotels. I've stayed at Oscar and Laura - both are great and relatively inexpensive; Oscar a little closer to the gay scene, but Laura is directly opposite Club Strong
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:28 am
jg3

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Choice PLT, UA Gold.
Originally Posted by tomasem
I stayed at the Vincci Centrum last time I was in MAD. Central location, pretty decent rate <80 Euro and I got an awesome room with a HUGE deck that looked out to the area where the Prado is located. And it was a decent distance to the fun.

Good luck.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Mariott Platinum
Thanks for the suggestions. Is it a bad sign that I'm considering that with a 6am flight maybe I should just skip the hotel room for that night..?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1K MM, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SoccerJock
What about ODARKO?
I know this is an old post, but if that's what the kind of bar you're looking for, then definitely go. It will have everything you need

Also, check out Strong Center!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:33 pm

Since this thread has been bumped...

I'm visiting MAD/BCN for the first time this May and I made some hotel reservations. I'm looking for a decent room, that I can stumble back to on my own. (I have REALLY bad luck with taxis!) So I have these reservations in the gay areas based on some on-line maps. If anyone could offer up a positive or negative opinion on these that would be appreciated! Or offer any others. I'm looking to stay around the 100 Euro or below range. I was considering hostels (The hotels, not the dorm room deals) but the quality seemed iffy, so would appreciate any suggestions for those as well.

MAD - Room Mate Oscar
or Petite Palace Chueca

BCN - The GranVia Hotel

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
Senator Gran Via

I stayed at Senator Gran Via for 5 nights in 2006. Nice hotel, friendly staff. Metro station literally outside the door. Walking distance to Chueca.

In Barcelona I stayed at the Citadines, a French apartment-hotel chain. It was very convenient to Las Ramblas, Sagrada Familia, the metro and clubs.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by goteed1

I'm visiting MAD/BCN for the first time this May and I made some hotel reservations. I'm looking for a decent room, that I can stumble back to on my own. (I have REALLY bad luck with taxis!) So I have these reservations in the gay areas based on some on-line maps. If anyone could offer up a positive or negative opinion on these that would be appreciated! Or offer any others. I'm looking to stay around the 100 Euro or below range. I was considering hostels (The hotels, not the dorm room deals) but the quality seemed iffy, so would appreciate any suggestions for those as well.

MAD - Room Mate Oscar
or Petite Palace Chueca

BCN - The GranVia Hotel

Thanks!
I am going on a Mediterranean cruise on May 13th. Will be flying in to Madrid on May 10th staying two nights there then on over to Barcelona May 12th for one night before the cruise.

Since I am only needing a place to stay for one night in Barcelona, i book this small hotel. It comes with your own shower in room and not dorm like. For one guest is 78Euro
http://www.budgetplaces.com/eg_offer...InBlZWwiO30%3D
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
Originally Posted by goteed1

MAD - Room Mate Oscar
or Petite Palace Chueca

BCN - The GranVia Hotel

Thanks!
I've also stayed at the Senator Gran Via in Madrid and found its location very convenient both for sightseeing and stumbling home. It's near the Oscar actually.

BCN's scene isn't as concentrated as Madrid's Chueca neighborhood (you'll need a cab eventually) but the gay-run Axel in the l'Eixample area is pretty convenient to several bars, dining, a really good sauna, and the metro.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by a4or3s
Don't forget the churros and hot chocolate at Chocolateria San Gines. Perfect for the winter!
I did this in summer the last time I went to Madrid - it's great watching the sunrise from a pavement cafe with some chocolate y churros ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.