Move to NY

Old Oct 21, 2008, 5:02 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Very good (and accurate) info on the H1B and it's downsides.

FYI, the diversity lottery for this year is currently open. Not sure how it feels on civil partnerships, but, either way, you can both put in applications.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, FlyingClub, eleVAte, Evergreen Club, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
As for the gym, I'd recommend NY Health and Racquet Club. They've got new equipments, and I love the swimming pools. They do have several locations in the city, as well as a golf court in up State NY. Also, several times a year, they've the boysnight out on a cruise, that's when you can really relax, see cute boys, and party like a NYker! I think NYHRC is one of the very few gyms that really supports LGBT events in the city.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I live near Columbus Circle and I am in the process of buying an apartment in the lower part of the UWS. I like the area, find it friendly with many services and shops for "upscale gays" and have found many friends who live in the area. Overall, the west side is the place to be. The east side I have found too staid for my liking. And Chelsea might have once been the place to be but it has gotten old (literally).

The foregoing immigration advice sounds on the money to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.