Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Palm Springs Gayla 2009, March 27-29

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palm Springs Gayla 2009, March 27-29

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2009, 5:29 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I especially want to thank bigguy for driving all the way out to have dinner with us. Also, want to thank everyone who attended. It was a really fun weekend - even though it was a much smaller group than before. We all actually spent quite a bit of time together most having dinner on Fri - everyone at dinner on Sat - and quite a few at brunch on Sun.

Right now I'm just "chilling out" by the pool at Santiago.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:29 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Peter and Mark - nice seeing y'all again! Glad I could share more stories... Great memory you two have... I had forgotten some of the details of past trips!

LAX Gambit: Delightful meeting you and shopping the Cabazon outlets! And of course investigating post-dinner events...

Howard-socal - nice meeting you, too, and visiting with the Santiago crowd. Nice place.

Didn't get to talk much with the others. KenCT, sort-of neighbor, let's visit next time you're in NYC. We'll have to plan something with Howard-socal.

I left PSP yesterday around noon but am not home yet... Yay for the less-efficient-than-NW yield management people at DL! I'm on my second bump in 14 hours...
Old Mar 30, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Smile Thanks a lot

@All: Friends, this was my first Do. What an experience! All my expectations regarding nice (flyer)talk, social program and PSP were more than met. Thanks for having me and helping me through some beginner's challenges.

Special thanks to Peter for organising, to Mark and Howard to be so wonderful, to Joe for organising me at LAX, to Ken for finding and organising the concert at the museum, to Chris for smiling and the stories, to Rich for the interesting LGBT backgrounds and news.

It was a pleasure hosting part of the group Sunday evening at The Parker Hotel, a real retro 60s/70s and splendid place worth passing by.

I hope we all meet again already in NYC or MUC next autumn!

Björn
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:21 pm
In memoriam

Programs: United
PSP Gayla #6

I think those of us who had come to PSP annually for several years understood that this year would be a lot different, and not necessarily in a good way. But I really do think it was the best one yet - no stress, great food, and terrific company all around. I'm already looking forward to 2010. It seems that all that really essential for a successful Do in Palm Springs is to select a date, make some reservations, and show up.

Last edited by KenCT; Apr 8, 2009 at 8:18 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:56 pm

I want to thank Ken here for taking charge of the Sunday brunch - I was feeling a bit overwhelmed especially with two recent trips to BKK.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:16 pm
In memoriam

Pics?

Anyone going to post some pics? Either here or on Facebook?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 5:30 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Pick a date for next year yet?

I'm seriously bummed I missed it. And I didn't even make it to Tokyo!
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:16 pm
In memoriam

Traditionally it's one of the last two weekends in March, depending on when the Dinah Shore and/or the White Party are NOT.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by KenCT
Traditionally it's one of the last two weekends in March, depending on when the Dinah Shore and/or the White Party are NOT.
I need to figure out when Dinah Shore will be (that seems mysterious) - White Party is Easter which is first wknd in April in 2010.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 1:19 am
Community Director Emerita

New York Times: 36 Hours in Palm Springs. It's a general travel overview, about Palm Springs becoming fashionable again.

Today, after some hard-earned changes, the desert town nestled in the Coachella Valley is becoming a destination for laid-back cool once again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.