Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Palm Springs Gayla 2009, March 27-29

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palm Springs Gayla 2009, March 27-29

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2009, 7:40 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Yay - LAX Gambit is coming!!!!

Small update, I haven't finalized a brunch venue since my thought of Blame it on Midnight doesn't work (they've stopped brunch) and I'm in BKK for another 10 days or so.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Drinks Idea

I highly suggest that my hipster friends (and their admirers) check out the new Ace Hotel and Swim Club. I think rooms are sold out during the gayla, but the bars and restaurant and spa should be open to non-guests.

Once they work out a few grand opening issues, I believe the Ace has the potential to change the Palm Springs lodging scene. The design and vibe is pretty cool.

(This isn't a gay hotel, but I wouldn't exactly call it 100% straight either, rather a mix of cool people.)
Old Feb 21, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Looks like a nice spa as well, I checked out the spa and bar menu online.

I believe the NYC location is opening March 15th.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 7:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: United
Brunch

Originally Posted by peteropny
I haven't finalized a brunch venue....
I'd like to suggest Pinocchio in the Desert for brunch, if only for the $3.95 all you can drink Champagne. It's not Veuve, but Pinocchio's food is good and the staff is friendly. It's inexpensive and right downtown, so those staying at Zoso can easily amble over.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 8:39 pm

Thanks for the suggestions

itsaboutthejourney - that bar area is a possibility for Sat night but I think I'm going to keep the "official" Fri night place at Zoso since some people are already staying there - looks great though.

KenCT - great suggestion - feel free to schedule it there if you'd like.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 3:36 am
In memoriam

Booked Zoso

Originally Posted by peteropny
I think I'm going to keep the "official" Fri night place at Zoso since some people are already staying there - looks great though.
Just completed booking Zoso for my 4-day stay. Thanks to LAX Gambit's recommendation, I went to Expedia and got a rate that averages $139/night plus taxes, fees, and a $9 daily resort fee. Since Zoso is located right in downtown Palm Springs, and since they provide free shuttle service to and from the airport, I'm going to forgo renting a car.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by KenCT
I'd like to suggest Pinocchio in the Desert for brunch, if only for the $3.95 all you can drink Champagne. It's not Veuve, but Pinocchio's food is good and the staff is friendly. It's inexpensive and right downtown, so those staying at Zoso can easily amble over.
Thank you KenCT for taking the lead in organizing the brunch venue at Pinnochio

This event is coming up soon!!!! And I have to let Zin know our numbers very soon. So please finalize your plans to join us!!!!
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:58 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Ultimately, we're going to take this year off. It's not the economy, it's just that we are going to take a break after making the last four years. We just got back from a trip to visit some family and are just on a downswing in our desire to travel right now. We'll keep an eye out for other events coming up and potentially join in on some of them, but we're going to skip Palm Springs this year.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: Former DL PM, current level: tin
Going to be going to Ultra Music Festival which is essentially during the same time. Oh well, looks like a fun experience! Maybe I can make Oktoberfest...
Old Mar 10, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to beg off this year. Things with work will are really heating up, so I'm not going to be able to spend weekends away from home until summer or so. Y'all have fun!
Old Mar 15, 2009, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Regrets from me as well. I'll be, uh, elsewhere. Have a great time!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:54 pm

Bump - due to our smaller group this year Sat dinner will now be order what you want off the main menu at Zin. There's still room for people to join us.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:40 am
In memoriam

Clearly this will be a very different event from those in previous years - fewer people, better accommodations, and more sophisticated dining options. Though I'll miss many of the usual suspects, I'm looking forward to getting away to what has become one of my favorite early spring getaways.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
It's already mid 50s here in Palm Springs, and promising to be a great weekend.

Company and dinner last nite was fun as always (although I hit a snag with traffic once again trying to get here).

Cheers!
Old Mar 29, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Thanks to all-great dinner

That was a great dinner.I am sorry I could not spend more time with y'all but hope that the good times continued after dinner

Peter did a great job as host.ZIN Bistro served probably the best food I have ever had at a Gayla weekend-highly reccomend it.

Nice meeting some new friends and reconnecting with some old friends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.