Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Halloween in New Orleans 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline free agent; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond

Anyone going? Since I canceled my trip to Southern Decadence, I'm toying with the idea of going to Halloween instead.

The Gay Halloween website says it will be held October 23-26, which is obviously the week before Halloween. With October 31 being on a Friday, wouldn't people rather go that weekend? I'm confused....
Old Sep 8, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by AdamATL
The Gay Halloween website says it will be held October 23-26, which is obviously the week before Halloween. With October 31 being on a Friday, wouldn't people rather go that weekend? I'm confused....
Doing it the weekend before gives you an entire weekend. Holding it on a weekend where Halloween is on a Friday cuts the party short. I mean, who wants to dress in a costume on November 1?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by AdamATL
Anyone going? Since I canceled my trip to Southern Decadence, I'm toying with the idea of going to Halloween instead.

That's the Pub's website. The website of the official events is here.

Probably going again this year, but haven't decided for sure. ecaarch is right, although if Halloween were to fall on a Saturday, I think they would hold the main event on the actuall Halloween night and use Sunday 11/1 as a recovery Sunday. I believe the tradition is to hold the main event on the last Saturday in October, which is why it's a "week early" this year.

On the good side of the ledger, Alegria Halloween is being held on 11/2, so real party animals can do both New Orleans and Alegria.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:24 pm

Nola... so tempting . If you can, def go, no matter if the parties are happening the weekend before Halloween, such a fun party town!!!

Just came back from Southern Decadence and even with Gustav, being kicked out of the hotel and a day short, it was a blast and looking forward to the next one.

So, GO!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I am ready to book for next year

I am scaried cat so I will stick to SD.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I am scaried cat so I will stick to SD

Halloween is much better weather wise.

You are a brave and hearty soul Travis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.