Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Lodging suggestions - Provincetown, MA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE

Does anyone have a lodging suggestion for P-Town? I will be there Sep 4-7 (thurs-sun). Traveling alone, driving up from NYC, and my first visit to this part of Mass.

I like: clean, quiet lodgings, with easy parking, and preferably clean beds without those rarely washed bedspreads (i.e. I LOVE the Westin heavenly bed). Air-conditioning is a must.

Hopefully something under $200 a night, but willing to go higher for a quality experience.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Good luck
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:09 pm

The "quaint" lodgings in Ptown all but snicker at your criteria. Of course, one is not in the room often. Choosing a place on location, cleanliness, and price is the best option. Trip advisor has plenty of commentary.

My personal approach was to use this last minute availability website and then research on trip advisor. I believe volume is off dramatically. So long as you are not arriving a holiday weekend (remove the secondary link to above to search for peak weekends), you'll be in good position.

As an aside, the NYC-Ptown drive is far from pleasant, and cars are more of a hindrance in Ptown. Have you considered the airline shuttle of your choice -> blue line T -> Ptown ferry? Far more social and far less hassle.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM | DL Gold | AA Gold | Marriott Platinum | Hilton Gold
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa never disappoints in my experience; however, the price is often higher than $200 except in off season.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:59 am

I don't know if they have rooms, but you should check White Wind Inn. It's small but nice and has a good location.

A little cheaper is the Pilgrim House, which doesn't have the character of other Ptown rentals but does have A/C and so on. Side note- it's above a lesbian bar and is loud until 1am.

http://www.whitewindinn.com/pages/rates.html
http://www.thepilgrimhouse.com/rates-summer.html
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: UA BA, Starwwood, Hilton
Carpe Diem

Originally Posted by rrgg
I don't know if they have rooms, but you should check White Wind Inn. It's small but nice and has a good location.

A little cheaper is the Pilgrim House, which doesn't have the character of other Ptown rentals but does have A/C and so on. Side note- it's above a lesbian bar and is loud until 1am.

http://www.whitewindinn.com/pages/rates.html
http://www.thepilgrimhouse.com/rates-summer.html
Hi my experience with Crowne Pointe is only okay, but meets the OP requirements except on price. (tho maybe a bit too Victorian?)

http://www.visitptown.com/ is the site for the "Distinctive Inns of Province town" if you are looking for a Starwood experience, not a bad place to start and get sense of Ptown pricing/availability.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
As an aside, the NYC-Ptown drive is far from pleasant, and cars are more of a hindrance in Ptown. Have you considered the airline shuttle of your choice -> blue line T -> Ptown ferry? Far more social and far less hassle.
Agreed. The drive from NYC to Ptown seemed like it took forever. As you get closer to Ptown, the road narrows and anything can slow traffic.

I'd consider the Shuttle or Acela to Boston. There's also a bus from South Station in Boston to the Cape, but I'd consider it a last resort.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
I'd consider the Shuttle or Acela to Boston. There's also a bus from South Station in Boston to the Cape, but I'd consider it a last resort.
Actually, this is the best bet. Acela to South Station. From there, maybe a 0.75 mile walk to the Ptown Ferry Landing.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Actually, this is the best bet. Acela to South Station. From there, maybe a 0.75 mile walk to the Ptown Ferry Landing.
and the new Silver Line from South Station to World Trade Center stop (1 block from the Ferry Landing) but it's a lot of up and down with stairs if you have luggage, walking might be easier.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:29 pm

Check out the White Porch Inn. 205-225 a night
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:38 pm

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
I highly recommend the Oxford Guesthouse. It is very upscale, has central A/C and is well located (in the west end). The owners, Trevor and Stephen, are wonderful. My partner and I have stayed there many times.

A bit expensive though. I believe rooms w/ bath en suite run 250ish. They do have two shared bath rooms for somewhat less.

The Brass Key is very nice too, but that is even higher priced with some rooms 400++.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA BA, Starwwood, Hilton
Crowne Pointe and Bras Key

Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
I highly recommend the Oxford Guesthouse. It is very upscale, has central A/C and is well located (in the west end). The owners, Trevor and Stephen, are wonderful. My partner and I have stayed there many times.

A bit expensive though. I believe rooms w/ bath en suite run 250ish. They do have two shared bath rooms for somewhat less.

The Brass Key is very nice too, but that is even higher priced with some rooms 400++.

The Crowne Pointe has purchased the Brass Key. They are coming together as the Leading Inn of Provincetown tho may retain independendent identities for sometime yet. Each is more of a hotel than a B&B and I gather as they merge that will become even more true. (For those travelling with straight friends/family the Crowne Pointe is your best bet.)

However each of the other properties mentioned gets good reviews, and are more traditional upscale gay mens B&Bs.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:29 pm
In Memorium

Programs: UA 1K-3.5MM; AA Exec. Plat.; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Platinum
All of above are good places

You can also check with the Provincetown Business guild that keeps track f places with openings--but I have notieced lots of inns now have interactive sit4es that can check prices and avail. online. And since you are going to be coming after labor day the prices will have dropped quite a bit from the last weekend in August.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 2:16 pm
Suspended

the Elephant Walk on bradford should be cheaper and it's fine.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 11:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
Is there a easy way to get from Boston to Ptown? Should I just get a rental car or ride the Acela? I am in Boston all week and thought it would be fun to go out in Ptown friday night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.