Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

One Mighty Weekend / Gay Days Orlando 2009 - June 4th - 9th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mighty Weekend / Gay Days Orlando 2009 - June 4th - 9th

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Wireless
Leaning towards refunding my pass....
If the money is gone how do you think that you are going to receive a refund? Probably would be wise to start disputing in writing through your CC.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:33 pm

Arabian Nights events remain unharmed so far. ^
Old Apr 29, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz #1 President's Circle, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2
If the money is gone how do you think that you are going to receive a refund? Probably would be wise to start disputing in writing through your CC.
Well that would be good if it wasn't MONTHS ago we purchased...
Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT, PC PLT, BAEC, QFF
I'll buy a pass if any of you have a spare or no longer want.

Might as well do a MR under the double EQM promo.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Originally Posted by holtju2
Chisholm is offering a full refund to anyone that has already bought a pass.

I'm going to Orlando. And most likely going to stay at the BV Palace (and thus the Reunion pool parties as they come with the hotel). And most likely the Arabian Nights parties. I'm just not sure what I'm doing Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night... OMW or EnVibe stuff (which is so far rumored not to include theme parks).

Still blows hard that I've paid about $1k to see the usual suspects (DJs) in a hotel ballroom, all of whom I'm going to pay far less to see a month or so later in SF and SD for pride events.

Last edited by Wireless; Apr 30, 2009 at 2:58 am
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

well, at least the weather's nice in Orlando!
Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz #1 President's Circle, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Wireless
Chisholm is offering a full refund to anyone that has already bought a pass.

I'm going to Orlando. And most likely going to stay at the BV Palace (and thus the Reunion pool parties as they come with the hotel). And most likely the Arabian Nights parties. I'm just not sure what I'm doing Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night... OMW or EnVibe stuff (which is so far rumored not to include theme parks).

Still blows hard that I've paid about $1k to see the usual suspects (DJs) in a hotel ballroom, all of whom I'm going to pay far less to see a month or so later in SF and SD for pride events.
Well at least you are still coming. We have traditions circa 2008 to continue

I haven't decided if I'm going to get the refund or not. I'm leaning toward it just on principle, there are always so many things going on that weekend or I can always open the door in the hotel and waive the vodka and create an instant room full of boys
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:42 pm

Talking

[QUOTE=DFWSkylink;11670861I can always open the door in the hotel and waive the vodka and create an instant room full of boys[/QUOTE]

I'm there
Old Apr 30, 2009, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
" I can always open the door in the hotel and waive the vodka and create an instant room full of boys "
So thats how you do it
Old May 1, 2009, 7:32 am

Does anyone have any info on the competing parties and their venues? I don't want to be stuck in a hotel ballroom. I'm going to miss the parties at the parks.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Did someone say vodka?
Old May 1, 2009, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Originally Posted by trvlr70
Does anyone have any info on the competing parties and their venues? I don't want to be stuck in a hotel ballroom. I'm going to miss the parties at the parks.
they just delayed it an extra day...

rumor mill says no parks at all this year. I agree, while I had an awesome weekend last year, a big part of the fun was Typhoon Lagoon (MGM was weird, but probably for other reasons hehe)

um... here's an update... 18 wheelers in a parking lot at WDW Swan!?

wow. um. yeah. so have no idea what to do.

http://www.justcircuit.com/Forums/ta...1/Default.aspx

More on enVibe having problems finding venues:

http://www.justcircuit.com/Forums/ta...0/Default.aspx

btw, justcircuit sucks, they don't allow ANY discussion about this. I'm tempted to build my own forum to become .....y circuit queens... heh.
Old May 2, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Yeah I hate how Justcircuit is controlling the discussion board. Btw two venues have been posted. Destiny Nightclub and Hard Rock Live.
Old May 2, 2009, 9:58 pm

Justcircuit.com filters and removes forum postings

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Yeah I hate how Justcircuit is controlling the discussion board. Btw two venues have been posted. Destiny Nightclub and Hard Rock Live.
I've posted several messages on Just Circuit and the first one was removed and then re-added. The second one that was titled Gay Disney Magic GONE was edited to remove GONE. All I said was that the dymanics of the parties have changed and without it being in theme parks there was no more magic. Well guess what? That whole posting is gone.
Is JustCircuit.com so worried about people's opinions that it has to edit and filter forum postings? It's supposed to be a forum board to post messages, opinions, information, but if it's counter to Just Circuit's opinion then the posting is removed.
Just Circuit is a major sponsor for One Mighty Weekend so they're protecting their interests to a point where they're going to harm their own readers. I can guarantee that even if the One Mighty Weekend bombs they will only have good things to say
Old May 4, 2009, 8:52 am

Angry

All of this drama is just crazy. I mean Gay Disney is one of the world's biggest parties. Folks from all over the planet are coming. And what are we going to give them? A lousy party in a hotel parking lot surrounded by 18-wheelers.

PATHETIC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.