Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sao Paulo (again)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2008, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Sao Paulo (again)

Yes, I know that I can do a search, and have. But has anyone been to Sao Paulo recently? Is the crime situation better or worse? Where would you recommend staying? What bars do you recommend? What about bars with backrooms and saunas? Thanks much.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 9:24 pm

Post Sao Paulo Gay CLubs

Here is a list of the more popular dance clubs in Sao Paulo based on the different nights of the week that I have found. Most of the clubs with the exception of Blue Space on Sunday nights don't get going until at least midnight - 1 am. Try to print off a flyer from the website as the entrance fee is usually less with the flyer.

Thursday

SoGo
Alameda Franca, 1368

Jardim Paulista - Centro - 3061-1759

Friday

Bubu Lounge
Rua dos Pinheiros, 791

Pinheiros - Zona Oeste - 3081-9546 / 3081-9659

www.bubulounge.com

Saturday

The Week
Rua Guaicurus, 324

Lapa 3872-9966

www.theweek.com.br

Sunday

Blue Space
Rua Brigadeiro Galvăo 723
www.bluespace.com.br

Open on Sundays at 7pm until about 1 am, afterwards many people
then go to Danger

Danger Dance Club
Rua Rego Freitas, 470
www.dangerdanceclub.net
Old Dec 2, 2008, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the great specific information. I recently was in Montreal and met a man from Brazil. When I tolld he that I was not particularly fond of Brazil, he told me that Rio was beautiful but that Sao Paulo had the night life.

Does anyone have information on regular bars along with the previous information on the dance clubs. And what about places to stay, restaurants and sex clubs? Come to think about it, you can forget the information on where to stay and the restaurants and concentrate on the other.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by saint82
Thanks for the great specific information. I recently was in Montreal and met a man from Brazil. When I tolld he that I was not particularly fond of Brazil, he told me that Rio was beautiful but that Sao Paulo had the night life.

Does anyone have information on regular bars along with the previous information on the dance clubs. And what about places to stay, restaurants and sex clubs? Come to think about it, you can forget the information on where to stay and the restaurants and concentrate on the other.
The closest to a gay "lounge" type bar that I've found is the Vermont Itaim.

There are a bunch of bars around Paulista (like around Haddock Lobo), whose names sometimes change and which frequently close and open again. If you just walk around that area, you'll see them because many overflow into the street. You can also get flyers for the previously mentioned clubs at those bars.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 5:18 pm

Programs: LH, AF, IB, JJ, AT
I was again in November in Sao Paulo and never felt unsafe somewhere in city. Or maybe just a little in the Ibirapuera Park when it was getting dark.
Around Paulista (Haddock Lobo, Frei Caneca) are the most upscale areas, around Prace Repulica certainly is more seedy, some would say more raunchy too.
Saturday go to The Week, Sunday to Blue Space.
Outside Cruising in not recommended for tourists.
There are a number of Saunas in Sao Paulo, both with and without boys.
For more informations about the Saunas look at http://www.gaytravelbrazil.com/ or for more general information at http://www.guiagaybrasil.com.br/,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.