Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Best Gay Movie You've Ever Seen is...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Best Gay Movie You've Ever Seen is...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:09 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Happy Together
Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Ben Hur

I saw Angels in America on Broadway and it was electrifying. I was a bit disappointed by the movie version to be honest.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I always liked Fassbinder's "Querelle" with Brad Davis and Jeanne Moreau. Has been described as "crazy and beautiful," and that really captures it for me. Kind of retro, though, and I don't know to what extent younger guys would appreciate it, because it's sort of a product of a different era. I also like Al Pacino in "Cruising". Good snapshot of the gay 70's. And Derek Jarman's "Sebastiane", not as much for the story, which kind of drags, but for the sunny location (Sardinia), the beautiful young actors, and the natural way they are physical with each other - it's sort of the Sarah Jessica Parker of gay films - you either "get it" or you don't, there's no in-between.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:01 pm

Programs: Skyhigh Airlines Platinum for Life
Beautiful Thing
Trick
Get Real
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by ebayj
Toss up between HBO Angels In America and Brokeback Mountain.
I agree with Angels In America. It holds up after seeing it several times.

Brokeback Mountains became totally & utterly depressing for me while watching it the second time.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
Torch Song Trilogy (Matthew Broderick & Harvey Fierstein)
My first gay movie-I came out after watching this.

Beautiful Thing
Old Jun 4, 2008, 7:13 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by Foady
1st gay movie I saw... "Beautiful Thing". Great soundtrack, too!
Agree!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 8:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
The Sum of Us -- The father/son relationship between Jack Thompson and Russell Crowe makes this movie enjoyable for me after many viewings. Also, opening and closing with Crowded House songs earns the movie bonus points.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:06 pm

I enjoy watching gay movies... my favorites are Latter Days and Brokeback Mountain. I had tears in my eyes while watching both movies.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
A french film not mentioned yet, which I enjoyed was "Just a Question of Love"
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:17 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
1st gay movie I saw was My Beautiful Launderette. Still probably my fave if only for sentimental reasons. I liked that it was another culture (UK) and across racial and cultural lines (Asian, UK, etc.) Sort of like a gay Mississippi Marsala?

For "gay, gay, gay" my favorite will always be Moulin Rouge. I cry every time I watch it. I'm not sure if I wanted to be Ewan McGregor or Nicole Kidman..... sigh..... soooo romantic and sad. I'll catch myself riding the bus or walking down the street and I'll go Can- Can!!"
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:20 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
....or maybe Sordid Lives. GREAT flick in so many ways.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 9:02 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Anyone ever seen "Coffee Date"? I saw it on LOGO a month or so ago and found it very humorous.... and touching in some ways.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Law of Desire and Bad Education by Almodovar. Beautiful Thing was also very good, as was Trick. Walk on Water is another good one. I also enjoyed watching Hedwig and the Angry Inch. And than there is always KenCT's all-time favorite: the Daddies & Pigs sequel...
Old Jun 5, 2008, 9:44 am

Sordid Lives for my comedy choice. Best drama and most memorable would be It's My Party. It still makes me feel sad after all these years. I only saw it once, but maybe again some day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.