Nashville, TN

Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Nashville, TN

Anyone have any suggestions for anything GLBT themed in Nashville on a friday night? Thanks :-)
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:59 pm

I'm not G,L,B or T, but I think there is a place on church street near the interstate, and another somewhere around Hayes ave downtown. Pretty sure the one on church is a music place I used to go. Either way, they both look like ....holes (from the outside). From a purely objective point of view, I would say forget anything about hayes. That area in general sucks. Once you get here just go to the Hustler store and ask. Seems like they should know.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:27 pm

I just saw 'Nashville' on the homepage featured link thing and clicked on it. Brought me here.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:15 am

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), AS MVPG, DL DM, HH Dia(life), Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat
I think he was referring to the OP
Old Nov 30, 2005, 5:40 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
It's been a long time since I lived in Nashville, but as of about 5 years ago the place to go was always The Connection, a massive dance club with a show bar (quite good drag shows, actually) and Western bar in the front. It's on the east side of the river in a converted cannery deep inside an industrial park. Connection always had big crowds on Saturdays. As in many other places, Friday was either date-night or stay-at-home night in Nashville. The more popular place was another strange little complex called The Chute on 8th Avenue South-- very divey but its own kind of campy fun with a much smaller but still good show bar.

Again, all of this info is years old.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 5:56 am

Location: CO Plat Elite; ST Elite+; HH Gold; Starwood Plat; WN CompPass; Nashville, TN
being a Nashvillian here -- there are three main places on Church St (yes, an oxymoron):

Tribe - good Video bar with a restarurant (Sysco-type food)
Play - opens at/around 10pm, great dance bar
Blue - mix of the two -- fewer "pretty" boys
Old Nov 30, 2005, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

...It is foolish to assume that all new members who post in this forum are in the closet. In fact, this forum is one of the main reasons I joined flyer talk in the first place. Please check your assumptions.

Thanks to all who did offer suggestions. :-)

Last edited by peteropny; Nov 30, 2005 at 4:32 pm Reason: Deletion of quote.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 5:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
Anyone travel through BNA of late? I'll be there for an upcoming weekend and was wondering if there are any must see places, must do things, or must eat restos.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 1:32 am

The last few times I went out in Nashville, all the talk and plans were of going out in Atlanta. Maybe things are better now.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 5:55 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by mangokitty92262
The last few times I went out in Nashville, all the talk and plans were of going out in Atlanta. Maybe things are better now.
And in Atlanta, all the talk and plans are of going out in New York or, say, this weekend in Orlando.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
And in Atlanta, all the talk and plans are of going out in New York or, say, this weekend in Orlando.
And in New York, all the talk is of Montreal or Europe. Just this last week I had a guy from England approach me in a bar in Cape Town and ask me why gay life in New York was so awful.

Poor chap had spent a lot of money to come to a swinging town, and found Disneyland.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Will be in Nashville on Saturday and Sunday. Staying at Sheraton Downtown. Any suggestions for Saturday night? I will have a car but would rather walk/cab if its close enough. Also, maybe some sort of beer bust/tea dance (both sound awful to me, but that seems to be the theme at other gay bars in the country), daydrinking places one can recommend? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by asnovici
Will be in Nashville on Saturday and Sunday. Staying at Sheraton Downtown. Any suggestions for Saturday night? I will have a car but would rather walk/cab if its close enough. Also, maybe some sort of beer bust/tea dance (both sound awful to me, but that seems to be the theme at other gay bars in the country), daydrinking places one can recommend? Thanks in advance.
Can't recommend anything, but I can tell you that Sheraton is a concrete tower stuck in the 70's. Get out of downtown for good restaurants.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:49 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by nroscoe
Can't recommend anything, but I can tell you that Sheraton is a concrete tower stuck in the 70's. Get out of downtown for good restaurants.
Yikes! I have to stay at SPG property though, thats my last requalification stay before hitting Plat. I assume Sheraton Music City is erven farther from anything gay-related.

Wow, sounds like Nashville is a complete hole (no pun intended) when it comes to gay venues!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.