Bogota -

Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
I'll be there with a friend May 6-10. When are you thinking of going?
LOL. That same weekend!

But I can't really get away from work, so I'm going to have to do my flying at night or on Saturday. My itinerary is pretty grueling, so I'm hoping that my upgrades clear. But I will arrive in Bogota ~ noon on Saturday and I leave on Sunday at 1:45p.

Just enough time for some quick sight seeing, a nice dinner, drinks and dancing, and then head back home.

PM me with your details and where you're staying. I'll book into the same place!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by tosteve
1 day in Colombia? Hope you get a nice customs officer
I'll just be sure to state unequivocally, "While sometimes I am called 'Mary', my name is not Maria....and I've never been full of grace."
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: DL Plat / UA Gold 1MM.
I was in Bogota last Thanksgiving. I had a terrific stay and strongly recommend the city.

I stayed at Hotel Grand House which was very comfortable and a great bargain. There are many restaurants in the "Zona T" pedestrian zone.

Yes, Theatron is still the place.

Enjoy Bogota!
Old May 7, 2010, 10:11 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Hola de Bogota, chicos de USA!! - - Hotel High Park in Chapinero (Alto)
Having fun here! I see that 2 of you will be here this weekend. I'm here til Sunday. Maybe have a drink or coffee?
Dave
Old May 17, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Anybody going to Bogota who's interested in staying at the High Park Hotel in Chapinero Alto . . .
I have MOSTLY VERY POSITIVE things to say about it!! It was VERY nice! Great breakfasts and hosts. One thing that REALLY disturbed me happened at the very end. I'd rather not publicize it here - - Let's just say that it'll probably affect mostly "single" travelers. If you're interested in the details, please feel free to PM me!!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
pm SENT, planning a trip to Bogota
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Going to Bogota next weekend. Any updates? All I really know about for sure is Teatron. Any other ideas? And what sort of time do Colombians show up to a club? How about typical dinner times at restaurants?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA .75K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
For sure go to Teatro - great club and super cheap. I think it will not start getting busy until midnight. Also, don't miss Andres Carne de Res as a restaurant. there are two - one in the Zona Rosa and the other in Chia. Great food and fun for dinner.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:31 pm

Any new ideas for a "friendly" hotel in Bogota? I'm thinking in May. I REFUSE to stay at the High Park Hotel after what they did to me last time! (posted above - details gladly provided upon request)

DT
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Is Teatron open on Sunday nights?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
So its been 3 years.... Any current suggestions for Bogota, specifically where to stay?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I've been to Bogota twice in the last year and I love it! If you want to stay near the gay nightlife, stay in the Chapinero neighborhood. I recommend Hotel Vilar America. If you want to stay near tourist attractions, try the Candelaria neighborhood (although it gets quiet after dark). If you are looking for upscale shopping and dining, try the Parque de la 93 neighborhood. Bogota is a fun city!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA
As far as hotels go, I like the Hotel Lugano. Its close to Chapinero.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.