Search

Gay Airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2005, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
Gay Airline

Don't you think that it'd sell?

Say a carrier made a new sub-brand and ran a weekly flight to some gay-friendly destinations..

Like Song for Delta and Ted for United, what about Homo for Hawaiian Air or something? Damn, I'd fly this one over the Hetero Air.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 3:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Auracon

Say a carrier made a new sub-brand and ran a weekly flight to some gay-friendly destinations..

Like Song for Delta and Ted for United, what about Homo for Hawaiian Air or something? Damn, I'd fly this one over the Hetero Air.
I like the idea. But there would be problems.

Everyone would want to board from the rear. The gays don't do coach, so it would have to be all FIRST layout.

There would be a scrum before take of to get the amenity kits from the steward - the lip gloss would have to be heavy duty.

Falcon videos on the IFE. Cosmos as the pre-flight drink.

It would probably end up looking something like this:

http://www.skyhighairlines.com/
Old Aug 14, 2005, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:06 am

Programs: IHG SE, Bonvoy Plat, DL Plat, UA PPlat, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Auracon
Kinda like Hooters Air only different?!?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Lord almighty there's enough b1tchy queens in the sky as it is. Imagine a whole crew of that? Oh I did once on USAIRWAYS.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
All we need is an entire cabin for the crew to hit on... GREAT!

I can see it now "okay you take row 2-6, I'll take row 7-10, and Chad you get the old guys in row 23"

-Vincent
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I think it is a great idea, but make sure the toilets are hole proof.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:31 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Originally Posted by vincom
All we need is an entire cabin for the crew to hit on... GREAT!

I can see it now "okay you take row 2-6, I'll take row 7-10, and Chad you get the old guys in row 23"

-Vincent
Hey, have Chad send a pic, would ya?

Also, referencing another thread here on GLBT which I am too lazy to look up, my bf is a Pushy Window and I am a Left-Hand Aisle. Hmmm... if we block the middle seat, then, umm... can I sweet talk the GA into filling it for me? (errr.. I mean us)
Old Aug 15, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
It would never work. You're not allowed to congregate around the toilets .
Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
It would never work. You're not allowed to congregate around the toilets .
Gee I wasn't thinking of that, you naughty boy. I meant hole proof so that someone cannot "shoot" into it.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
Hey, have Chad send a pic, would ya?

Also, referencing another thread here on GLBT which I am too lazy to look up, my bf is a Pushy Window and I am a Left-Hand Aisle. Hmmm... if we block the middle seat, then, umm... can I sweet talk the GA into filling it for me? (errr.. I mean us)

I can see the demographic info they be collecting now....

OY!

-Vincent
Old Aug 16, 2005, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
First it would be just gay men. Then they would invite their fag hag friends. Then straight women would start flying because they could be sure they wouldn't get hit on. Then they would invite their metrosexual male friends. Suddenly, it becomes "in" to fly Gay Airlines. CNN would do a story about it. Then straight men would start flying because a buddy told them that he saw on CNN that this is where all the women are. Then we would be a minority in our own place and we would have to find a new club...er, airline, and start the process all over again.

ps - Before anyone goes off on me, "fag hag" is meant as an a term of endearment, not to be derogatory.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 2:20 pm

Programs: OW, *A, Bonvoy, WOH
Originally Posted by ecaarch
First it would be just gay men. Then they would invite their fag hag friends. Then straight women would start flying because they could be sure they wouldn't get hit on. Then they would invite their metrosexual male friends. Suddenly, it becomes "in" to fly Gay Airlines. CNN would do a story about it. Then straight men would start flying because a buddy told them that he saw on CNN that this is where all the women are. Then we would be a minority in our own place and we would have to find a new club...er, airline, and start the process all over again.
LOL!!! ^

Originally Posted by ecaarch
ps - Before anyone goes off on me, "fag hag" is meant as an a term of endearment, not to be derogatory.
I agree wholeheartedly. I usually just shorten it to "hag". There's even a clamor amongst my friends to see who can be *the* hag. The others are hags-in-training, hags-in-waiting, etc.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 9:57 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Or the other term, "fruit fly".

But seriously, what would be the frequent flier tiers, and what would you get? Complimentary upgrades to Fabulous Class? A dance club on the upper level of a A380? And not only will you get points for miles flown, but also bonus for style along the way.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:12 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Would the aircraft have saddles rather than seats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.