saw the post, meant to return to it, decided to do so this morning...
oh well, you made my search easier...
feel free to email / pm me for more info, but here's the lowdown:
- no gay life to speak of on any of the islands
- the people are, while indifferent at first, really wonderful folks... there's a true innocence about them (i generalize of course)
- stayed in several places and didn't have any problems "bunking" with the S.O.
- didn't see any spots I felt uncomfortable
- nightlife is sparse and generally filled with italians, brits and germans, with several other europeans and a few visitors from mauritius
so to answer your question - "What to do?"...
ENJOY THE BEST BEACHES IN THE WORLD and relax. The food ranges from okay to decent. I'm sure you can push both ends of the spectrum if you look hard enough. There is a wide range of accommodations choices.
Get off the main island... enjoy Praslin, la digue and some of the others.
While all that may sound less than stellar, I'm pretty sure you're more than just gay, so you'll probably agree after visiting it's one of the most idyllic and wonderful places on earth.
there's a local song they do in creole with english mixed in that you should hope you don't hear... the tune will stick in your head forever... but the chorus captures the wonderful trap that is this country: "Going back to the Seychelles"