Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Any gay male prostitutes in Amsterdam red light district?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2004, 8:59 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast

Was just in AMS last week. The answer is no. Walking around red light district twice (two different nights with different friends), neither of us saw any man in the window. Needless to say, my gay male and straight female friends, including yours truly here were really disappointed.

We did see a couple (man, woman) going into the booth though, and someone overheard it cost them 200 euros for the fun.
Old May 8, 2004, 10:16 pm

Yes, but behind closed doors....

No, in short. There are several Houses of Boys. One is "Why Not". I have been to the bar and watched the live sex show upstairs. I did not partake of other services, but the prices are on their website. The place was generally clean and the guys were mostly early 20 something. You can hit the website under the name of the club. Make sure to add ".nl" rather than ".com" and precede with "www." of course. The small bar downstairs was one of the closest to the Crowne Plaza, so we stopped in for a few beers each night.

Enjoy Amsterdam
Old May 9, 2004, 4:28 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
I was just in Amsterdam and walked through the "Red Light District" twice. The windows were filled with women only. Hence,there wasn't much interest here!
Old May 9, 2004, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond
An alternate POV from another 47 y.o. gay male

Originally Posted by dwsnc
I really don't see what the arguement is here..........I'm 47 y.o. and maybe some of you don't remember the 1980's, when gay men where dropping like flies. I've gone to, count 'em, 18 funerals where we buried FRIENDS & lovers. I can't get that out of my mind.

there is no arguement here
I disagree. Life is full of choices. Some of us eat undercooked meat which could lead to illness and death. Some of us drink which can cause liver damage. Some of us don't get much exercise and have other risk factors for coronary artery disease. Some of us don't get mammograms and colonoscopies which could detect early stage cancer and save our lives. Some of us smoke cigarettes which, it is well known, cause lung cancer and death. Some of us ride motorcycles and, to further increase the risk of serious injury and death, do so without wearing a helmet. The list is endless.

Would I make those same choices? Not all of them. Do I think people should be free to and have the right to make choices I wouldn't make? I do.

Otherwise I'm John Ashcroft.

Last edited by jockdAAddy; May 9, 2004 at 7:55 am
Old May 9, 2004, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I guess I would just like to see the thread get back on topic, my $0.02.
Old May 9, 2004, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by anonplz
I guess I would just like to see the thread get back on topic, my $0.02.
Appalling!

Old May 9, 2004, 8:37 am

[donning threadmarm cap]Oh, I know! Some people... [/threadmarm cap]

Old May 9, 2004, 8:43 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by dwsnc
I really don't see what the arguement is here..........I'm 47 y.o. and maybe some of you don't remember the 1980's, when gay men where dropping like flies. I've gone to, count 'em, 18 funerals where we buried FRIENDS & lovers. I can't get that out of my mind.

there is no arguement here
One can be "safe" with a prostitute, in a sauna or with one's significant other.
Old May 9, 2004, 12:21 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I hope you do not mind me dropping in to the chat. My eyes nearly popped out like chapel hat pegs when I read the title. My immediate reaction was "Are their nuns in Rome?"!!

No, I want to say something very close to my heart, and as Blair is here I feel safe to do so (even though we never see him over at BA these days!).

Please please be careful. What you do is your business, but do take care. Sorry to sound like Mother Hen, but forgive a silly woman if she cares! I have lost too many lovely co-workers to the dreaded. People who were so full of life, so full of fun, and so very good at what they did. I was in Washington on a trip at the time of the quilt. A friend - a dear friend - took me. Miles and miles of quilts for all the fallen. it was like a World War War Cemetery. Row after row of someones that others loved to bits. Heartbreak was everywhere. Dignified Dads broke down into tears, and Mums stood silently grieving. We are trained at British Airways to console and comfort - but nothing could console on that level. I could not stop the tears and had I knew what 12 months held I would have shed more. The dear friend himself died the following June - yes you guessed.

So please, rmember that everyone of you who read this has someone who will be devastated if anything like this should befall you. Everyone is precious to someone else.

Forgive me if I have been too emotive, but you boys have made me wish to qualify for an honorary member of this Forum if you will allow (don't tell my husband - he seems to think that half our cabin staff end up in our lounge already).

If you are upset by what I write I will erase it. If it makes one of you think then - good. What you do is no one's business but your own. How anyone earns their living is up to them. Sorry if I've been a little bit heavy (jetlag!), and next post I'll try and lighten up!!

Hugs

Pucci
Pucci,

BLING BLING BLING for your quote. While I do not have the right to bestow honorary status on you for this forum... that post is most deserving of that recognition....

Never erase it... (I even quoted it so that even if you do, it will still be here!!!).

Pass around your wisdom and joyous comments more often here... we can use them!

William
Old May 10, 2004, 2:39 pm

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Am I the only Amsterdam resident on Flyertalk?
Anyway, there *are* gay men behind the windows in the Red Light District BUT they dress as women.
I met one of them a few years ago in a gay bar on his evening off from work, and can now solemny declare that he did not have his operation.
Gay prostitutes can be found in some bars in Paardenstraat (between Amstel and Amstelstraat, close to Rembrandtplein) BUT beware as not all guys in those bars can be trusted. Same for guys you meet at Central Station. There are a couple of brothels (Why Not?, Boys for Men) that are safe but of course you pay.
But if you are younger than 75 and half decent looking you shouldn't have to pay for sex in Amsterdam..................
Old May 11, 2004, 2:11 pm

I too am living in Amsterdam

Yes, the above poster is quite correct about where you can find boys for hire. However, even 75 year olds can find it for free in AMS. There is a sauna that caters to older men and their admirers. The Dutch don´t have the attitude that you find in so many other countries. I´ve lived here for 7 years and have been amazed at the men I attract, maybe its because I´m in a relationship with a Dutchman......there´s always plenty when you´re not looking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.