Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Any gay male prostitutes in Amsterdam red light district?

Any gay male prostitutes in Amsterdam red light district?

Old Apr 29, 2004, 1:31 pm

No window shopping

There are no gay male window shopping in the red light district.
It did exist many decades ago but many windows were broken.
The legal prostitution now goes on inside several houses. There are four that I know of. Each place has a bar that you can sit at and review the price list. The list will consist of the services provided. The service includeds a private room with toilet, shower, bed, sheets, towels and time frame.
The houses have several rooms on the premise. Some of the houses are private and some of them are public. The boys/men are in the area for social intercourse as well.

May first time in Amsterdam in 1989, I made a point of visiting each one to see what is going on. Most of the men are in the night clubs after their long work day.

What a great country. By the way, other cities in The Nederlands have the same options as Amsterdam.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 8:22 am
Suspended

Last edited by dukepv; May 8, 2004 at 6:52 pm
Old Apr 30, 2004, 9:13 am

As to the original question..."Any Gay Male pro's in the RLD Windows"....well the answer is kinda or sorta . This is most likely not what you were thinking of but there are in fact several TS's in the RLD windows. The person at the Pro. Info Center in the main RLD told my wife and I that these folks are wildly popular. On the "Channels Amsterdam Forum" where I visit these folks are quite in demand by several of the "straight" posters.

But if you want a more traditional experience then one of the brothels that cater to gay men would be the way to go.

Good Luck to your friend. Amsterdam will be like being in a candy store.

Doc
Old Apr 30, 2004, 9:22 am

Red Light District

Originally Posted by pynchonesque
Thanks for the info. My friend was only interested in sightseeing/window-shopping.
I actually took a walking tour on April 3rd with my family and the question was asked. Apparently there had been a few male's in the windows but it didn't work out. I took this to be it was profitable/not enough business. I believe they said the number was in the single digits and also there was some negative feedback from the ladies workers too as I recall. I don't know that the guide said when this was, but I got the impression not more than a few years ago and lasted for only a few months......
Old Apr 30, 2004, 10:03 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
When I was there it was only women/female figures in the RLD windows. They guys were off in other sections of town. I had a guide book that referenced the gay section (not the same as RLD) as around Warmoestraat, but the town is so relaxed and laid back that you don't really notice the difference. At least I didn't.

We went into a few bars on another street (I have to get out a map, but if you need the street I can go look it up) that seemed to be a concentration of gay establishments, but we were really there just to have fun and relax, not specifically go to gay establishments.
Old May 1, 2004, 5:48 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by pynchonesque
Thanks for the info. My friend was only interested in sightseeing/window-shopping.
Oh, a shy boy. Well we all start from a little seed and grow into a big overhung...I mean overhanging mass. In Sydney the window shopping is down the wall on Darlinghurst Road but really as with any liberal state there really is no need to go "shopping" unless of course you have some kinda kink to satisfy. There is plenty of eye candy in any bar on any gay strip that you can imagine ang chances are you'll probably get too drunk like me and end up with a falafel roll instead of a roll in the cot.

Note to self: switch to water sooner.
Old May 2, 2004, 9:20 am

Any gay male prostitutes in Amersterdam red light district?

I am appalled by the topic but nevertheless I will not belittle someone's interest. Please Please Please Please my friend practice safe sex under any and all circumstances.

Peace
Old May 2, 2004, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DONINTATL
Please Please Please Please my friend practice safe sex under any and all circumstances.
Though the threadstarter indicated that the topic was created on behalf of a friend who simply wanted to "window-shop" for male prostitutes in much the same way as people can window-shop for female prostitutes who stand in windows, the message that safe sex is essential during all sexual encounters is one worth repeating. ^
Old May 2, 2004, 5:06 pm
Suspended

I am appalled by the topic
^
Old May 3, 2004, 8:08 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
No, there are no boys in the windows in the RLD, but listening to the comments of the horny american college boys can be pretty funny.
Old May 3, 2004, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am appalled by the topic but nevertheless I will not belittle someone's interest. Please Please Please Please my friend practice safe sex under any and all circumstances.
I'm not appalled by the topic, but safe sex is a good idea.
Old May 4, 2004, 1:16 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I am appalled by the topic.

The judgment is really not necessary.
Old May 4, 2004, 2:20 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
So what part of the topic are you appalled at:

Gay male prostitutes, Amsterdam or red light district?

In any case as he is just window shopping I would say that is pretty solid protection if a little insensitive from the more commonly used protection.

Last edited by GoldFlyer; May 4, 2004 at 2:22 am
Old May 4, 2004, 6:10 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I have to admit... I have never thought of window glass as safe sex protection...

Amazing what you can learn on FT.

William
Old May 6, 2004, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club

Peace
I agree with you on the safe sex advice, but as far as "appalling" goes, I must disagree. Prostitution is legal there, so it is, in my opinion, a valid question. I personally am against all forms of prostitution, but if it's legal and someone wants to ask about it, I say to each his/her own ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.