Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"L" Rollcall

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2004, 5:35 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Er.

count me in.

not for dinner though, unless there is some shopping involved.

lala
Old Feb 18, 2004, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

lala, Carol has decided to combine two threads. I also have a thread for dinner in MSP, a local thing. I don't expect people to actually land in a 'flyover state', especially in winter. But if you want shopping, there is the Mall of America, right near the airport and my job. (Sadly, we actually go the the Mall for lunch since we do not have food service on site yet.)

No sales tax on clothing in Minnesota. Do you think I could convince the tax folks since my car keeps me warm in winter, it is just like a coat and should be tax-free?

------------------
In Minnesota, a walk in freezer is also called a backyard.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 11:21 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Darling,

Taller half and I spent a week in Minnesota in June of 2001 -- puttered around St. Paul and Minneapolis and then spent another four days with a bunch of whacky architectural historians in Duluth.

I would actually consider MSP to be a destination.

lala
Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Comicwoman:
I am not having much luck here or on another thread trying to do a dinner in MSP (ok, one response there).
</font>
huh. I can't find that thread but sure, yeah, that'd be cool.

so you're here now. enjoy the brief thaw
Old Feb 20, 2004, 7:42 pm

I'm here, and still a lesbian!
Old Feb 20, 2004, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Slumgoddesss, have not seen you in ages! How are you and more importantly how is your son? IIRC there was some accident. We are in adjoining states now!

------------------
Spring is here in MSP - I saw the FedEx guy in shorts
Old Feb 20, 2004, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lalala:
Darling,

Taller half and I spent a week in Minnesota in June of 2001 -- puttered around St. Paul and Minneapolis and then spent another four days with a bunch of whacky architectural historians in Duluth.

I would actually consider MSP to be a destination.

lala
</font>
You mean I might have to plan a Do? It won't be this summer...my summer is filled with the opening of the new store. But do email if you find yourself and the taller half headed this way. Sadly you were out of town for my one SEA Do.

------------------
Old Feb 20, 2004, 8:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Comicwoman:
Slumgoddesss, have not seen you in ages! How are you and more importantly how is your son? IIRC there was some accident. We are in adjoining states now!

</font>
My son is doing well, thanks for asking. He still has some problems with his knee, but for the most part has recovered quite well.

Adjoining states, great! Now you'll have to come out in June for the all Lesbian three day camping trip!

Old Feb 21, 2004, 6:59 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by slumgoddess:
Now you'll have to come out in June for the all Lesbian three day camping trip!

</font>
That is one of those Good News, Bad News things. Up to this advanced age, I have not camped, unless you count the Residence Inn. But hmmmm, the chance to get rejected by legions of women on one weekend would be just the thing to finally shatter my fragile ego.

------------------
Old Feb 25, 2004, 8:02 pm

That is one of those Good News, Bad News things. Up to this advanced age, I have not camped, unless you count the Residence Inn. But hmmmm, the chance to get rejected by legions of women on one weekend would be just the thing to finally shatter my fragile ego.

Residence Inn, eh? You camp the way my partner camps! I wouldn't call it legions. but we definitely get a nice turnout. And some of our out and not so out politicians usually put in an appearance as well!

</font>
Old Apr 9, 2004, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Bumped in search of more L

Now that my FT speed has improved, I'd thought I'd bump this to the top. Surely there must be more of us out there. Right now, we don't even fill a Cooper Mini!
Old Apr 10, 2004, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Wow, my first sticky thread. Thank you Moderator. ^
Old Apr 28, 2004, 9:25 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I feel like this thread needs another post!!!!!

Wendy, you need to do more recruiting....

William
Old Apr 28, 2004, 4:52 pm

recruiting=toaster oven!
Old May 10, 2004, 7:05 am
hmc

Programs: AA Plat, QF PS
OK, just to help with the statistics, I'll put my hand up - double L for Lurker and Lesbian

It's freezing here in CBR - a cold snap in the middle of Autumn - but nowhere like the freezing in MSP

Thanks for asking - hope more contribute

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.