Gay Singapore?

Old Aug 7, 2003, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Gay Singapore?

I am headed to SIN for 5 days end of August. Just wondering what the gay nightlife is like.

I found this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000086.html

But it's a year old - any more recent experiences?

Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2003, 7:58 pm

Programs: 1P lusting for 1K
Try www.sgboy.com and look around or post in their forum. They have quite a bit of info.

Jack

Old Aug 11, 2003, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StudentExplorer:
I am headed to SIN for 5 days end of August. Just wondering what the gay nightlife is like.
</font>
From my recent experience in SIN, there are several gay bars (most located near Chinatown). As indicated in the previous post, www.sgboy.com is a good source of information.

The drag show at Boom! Boom! Boom! is a blast. Most (if not all) gay bars close on Sunday. However, Sunday is a boy night at Centro (known as Centro Sunday), a great dance club located opposite the Fullerton Hotel (Don't wear "open-toe" shoes as they won't let you in).
Old Aug 13, 2003, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
You just missed the biggest Gay party in SIN -- the Nation. I had so much fun there that I am certain I will return every year hereafter.

Many new places (clubs, bars, saunas) opened. Since bars/clubs close at 3AM in SIN, if you want to party more, you will have to ask the locals for "after parties," which are often held in saunas. The Tower Club is a nice place, which basically hosted the after party for the Nation Recovery party. The other is the Box, which is also known for after parties.

Centro on Sundays is great. Last week the extension downstairs was nothing like I've ever seen in SIN. China Black held a party last Sunday as well. It's a biweekly (or monthly?) event that's even better than the Centro -- more shirtless guys.....

You might be catching the SIN guys at a bad time since most of them partied to their max during the past weekend. Still, the SIN guys' party-potential is still ranked high among Asian countries.

Youll have a very decadent time partying, if you know where/when to party.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Translator? Just about everyone speaks English there.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 1:38 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Originally Posted by jacksf
Try www.sgboy.com and look around or post in their forum. They have quite a bit of info.
I believe www.fridae.com has some info on the area as well.

A friend of mine was just sent through there on a work project bouncing all over the far East and enjoyed Singapore better than a number of the other places he went through. I'm going to guess that the pervasive English helped in his case.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:11 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by jkc22
You just missed the biggest Gay party in SIN -- the Nation. I had so much fun there that I am certain I will return every year hereafter.
Now moved to Phuket after the Singapore government gave it the boot. (I recognize that the poster's comment was made in 2003, but since this thread has been revived, I thought a clarification was in order.)
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by izzik
Translator? Just about everyone speaks English there.
This comment is about 3 years too late
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:41 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by StSebastian
A friend of mine was just sent through there on a work project bouncing all over the far East and enjoyed Singapore better than a number of the other places he went through. I'm going to guess that the pervasive English helped in his case.
If you are into "equals" in terms of education, wealth, outlook on life, travel experiences, etc. your chances of meeting someone nice in Singapore are much higher than in Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, China....
To put it in "black-and-white": in Bangkok some guy is likely to like me for what I have and he does *not* have; in Singapore a guy is likely to like me because we both have similar interests and life experiences.
In addition, almost everybody is fluent in English in Singapore.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 9:00 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
are there any big gay parties in singapore around Chinese New Years?
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I think the government has killed the big international gay parties in Singapore. You might find some jumpy clubnights at the big nightclubs, though.

Currently, one of the biggest gay circuit party events is in Bangkok during the Songkran festival (traditional Thai new year) in mid-April.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:37 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Thanks. I have some miles to burn and some free hotel nights. I"m trying to figure out where to use them in January.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: Cranky lives for Starwood and Delta.
I'll be in SIN, for the first time, during the first week of October. Would love any up-to-date thoughts from people as to what the "must-dos" are out that way ... staying at the Conrad ...
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:51 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Am going be in SG next week Oct 19 to 23 for business - appreciate any recommendation where to go to chill out after work ... looking for a place of a mixed crowd ... not necessary gay exclusive. Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I may be going to Singapore in a couple of weeks. Any updates or new info available, sine this thread is a bit outdated?

Also, if I do want to go out, is there a gay scene for 40+, or is it all for the young?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.