Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Montreal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2003, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Montreal

Doing Montreal over Memorial Day. Anyone know anything about Auberge Cosy Hotel. Any other fun suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
MrMan
Old Apr 17, 2003, 9:44 am

I stayed there about 2 years ago, wouldn't recommend it and would not stay there again. Got a weird / creepy / borderline sleezy feel to it. Unless of course that is what you like
Old Apr 18, 2003, 1:51 pm

I stayed at Auberge Cosy in April 2002. It's OK, although since there were only a few other guests, the "vibe" was pretty tame. (Darn!)

The rooms are plain and simple. Nothing spectacular here. The free internet access was very cumbersome, with poor connection rates and lots of downtime. The common area is nicely decorated, much more nicely decorated than the rooms. The jacuzzi room seemed very small. It was too cold to use the outdoor patio -- it was April after all.

I am headed back to YUL for a week to coincide with Pride. I probably won't stay at Auberge Cosy again, although it is nicely located.
Old Apr 18, 2003, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
I have stayed at La Conciergerie - web site at http://www.laconciergerie.ca - and thought the owners were friendly and the rooms clean. It was not far from the action on rue Ste Catherine.
Old Apr 18, 2003, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The Gouverneur - Place Dupuis, on St. Hubert/Ste. Catherine is best, IMO.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. Now that I booked it, I have to break the news to the partner.

MrMan
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium,
I'm heading up to Montreal at the end of May for my (straight) friend's bachelor party weekend . . . will be at the Fairmont. Any recommendations as to what I can do to escape from my breeder buddies for a while? =)
Old Apr 23, 2003, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Fun? The Campus on St. Catherine St.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.