Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires - MERGED THREAD

Buenos Aires - MERGED THREAD

Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So can one do EZE(usual touristy stuff and clubbing) in 3 days ? We will arrive Sep 30th and depart Oct 3rd.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jul 19, 2006 at 3:12 pm
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TakeMeToEZE
Mayyyyyyybe... what's in it for me???
For the first time in your life, you'll be able to look the doorman square in the eyes and honestly say, "I'm with the DJ"
Old Jan 13, 2006, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ecaarch
For the first time in your life, you'll be able to look the doorman square in the eyes and honestly say, "I'm with the DJ"
Actually the DJ has his posse with him, now that is more than what I can handle.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
take me 2 EZE, you still owe me reply on Mar del plata..

ill be in buenos aires 1/19 to 1/29
Old Jan 13, 2006, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by catwood
take me 2 EZE, you still owe me reply on Mar del plata..
Not any more I don't! I posted my promised review!
Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:47 pm

Buenos Aires Apartment

I want to rent an apartment in BA for the months of July and August. Any suggestions on how to find? Maybe with a gay landlord!!!
Old Jan 25, 2006, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P
There is an apartment rental company owned by gay people and marketed as such. I believe it is called "Friendly Apartments." I don't know anything about the quality of the apartments or their prices.

I always arrange for my apartment through a friend of mine there who is a travel agent. She regularly arranges apartment rentals. If you'd like her information, feel free to PM me.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Go back to the main GLBT page and do a search. Enter "Buenos Aires Apartments" and you'll likely find something. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed here.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
You can email Facundo at Friendly apartments at [email protected]. I also had great experiences renting from Carlos Contini. His email is [email protected]. Send me a PM if you want more info/details.

Last edited by Seeksreal; Jan 27, 2006 at 6:31 pm
Old Jan 27, 2006, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Seeksreal
You can email Facundo at Friendly apartments at [email protected].
If you want a cute landlord, go with Facundo - he can scrub my floors any day
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:48 pm

Programs: TAM Fidelidade Blue Level, Southwest RR,
Gay Apartment Recommendation for Buenos Aires

Ok guys and gals, i think i have asked this question before so here goes.

I finally bought a ticket to South America for this coming April. Will be flying from Miami in to Rio, staying 4 nights in Rio then continueing on to Buenos Aires and staying in BA for 8 nights.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend or have stayed in one of the apartments from FriendlyApartments.com that is advertised. The price are so cheap for a week stay that my partner and i have decided to stay there instead of a hotel. There are soooo many apartments to choose from and they are all in the Recoleta(gay area) district of Buenos Aires.

We have not clue as to which one is the nicer one to book. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
I would still like to get more specific--what you get for different prices, locations, amenities--first hand info on apartments, too. Same for Bayres B&B. I'll be there in May. There are some good pictures on the "Friendly" site and also on Bayres'. Unfortunately, I've learned the hard way that photos can be misleading.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by sushibear
I would still like to get more specific--what you get for different prices, locations, amenities--first hand info on apartments, too. Same for Bayres B&B. I'll be there in May. There are some good pictures on the "Friendly" site and also on Bayres'. Unfortunately, I've learned the hard way that photos can be misleading.

That is what i am afraid of. Photos can be VERY misleading. Booked a hotel in NYC 2 years ago and the hotel website had some really nice shots of rooms. The place was a dump!!!
Old Mar 23, 2006, 3:53 pm

I was there last September, I used www.friendlyapartments.com they were pretty good and the apartment was exactly the same as they describe I paid $50 dlls per night and rented for 2 weeks in the Las Heras building it was safe and close to everything, I also saw the concord callao building which is pretty close but prefer the Las Heras its quieter unless you prefer a larger complex, more activity and noise because the building also houses businesses
Old Mar 23, 2006, 5:17 pm

thank you

Originally Posted by soccerboi25
I was there last September, I used www.friendlyapartments.com they were pretty good and the apartment was exactly the same as they describe I paid $50 dlls per night and rented for 2 weeks in the Las Heras building it was safe and close to everything, I also saw the concord callao building which is pretty close but prefer the Las Heras its quieter unless you prefer a larger complex, more activity and noise because the building also houses businesses
Which floor were you in the Las Heras building? I saw the website and probably wanting to rent the Luminous Las Heras 11th Floor apartment that is on the website. If you happened to take some picture of your apartment while there in September, i will send you my private message with my email address. Would greatly appreciate it if you can send me some photos of the place.

Thanks,
B

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.