Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires - MERGED THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires - MERGED THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt DIA; Hilton DIA; SPG Gold
Snatched the TAM 1st class RT from JFK to BA. Will be in Mendoza first for 3 days (5-20 to 5-22) then 23-25 in BA. If anyone's in the area and want to meet up, pls contact me. For Mendoza I will also be hiring a driver to do wine tours in the three regions so if anyone happens to be there & want to split the ride, contact me offline, thanks
Old May 27, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
I spent a week in BA last February. I had a blast. I would highly recommend doing the gay pub crawl
http://www.outandaboutpubcrawl.com/buenosaires/

I met some great people and had a blast.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Took advantage of the AA J deal earlier this year and will be flying JFK > EZE for Thanksgiving.

We were thinking 3 nights in BA, 2 in Mendoza and 3 in Santiago. Our last trip to BA we rented an apartment in Recoleta but thought about renting a place in Palermo Soho this time. Anyone have some good apartment recommendations?

In Mendoza we plan on staying at the Park Hyatt and at the Radisson in Santiago.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Plat
Giving a bump to see if anyone had any new or recent suggestions.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
Giving a bump to see if anyone had any new or recent suggestions.
I am going there next week and stay for about 12 days....
really curious and grateful for any information!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
I am going there next week and stay for about 12 days....
really curious and grateful for any information!
Watch out for pick pockets and bad taxi drivers with manipulated meters. But otherwise BA is a beautiful city, all the rich stay in the Recoleta, you'll fit in only if you are blanco.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Nov 25, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Watch out for pick pockets and bad taxi drivers with manipulated meters.
And fake money.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Nice Stay

Perhaps because I stayed in a five star hotel(ParkHyatt) rather than a 3 star (Plaza Francia) and perhaps because everything was noticeably less expensive than last time I found the city much nicer/safer than in 2006

I had no trouble at all with rigged taxi meters or with street crime. I saw a lot more of the city this visit than I did last time.

Did not do any "gay"stuff other than enjoy looking at some beautiful fellas
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:01 pm

I just love Buenos Aires. I'd suggest you taking a pen that detects fake money and exchanging dollars at Calle Florida. You'll get a better deal and you'll be able to check if you're getting counterfeit. I usually stay in Palermo and I definitely do not recommend the port area. Feel free to pvt msg me!

Btw, I'll be there on 01/15 for the weekend.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Any suggestions for a hotel close to restaurants and nightlife? I will be in BA for 4 nights in mid-April. First time
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Any suggestions for a hotel close to restaurants and nightlife? I will be in BA for 4 nights in mid-April. First time
Stay in the Palermo or the Recoleta neighborhoods. Everything is between Cordoba and Santa Fe Avenues. What kind of places are you looking or are you looking for a pout-pourri?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by arthrod
I just love Buenos Aires. I'd suggest you taking a pen that detects fake money and exchanging dollars at Calle Florida. You'll get a better deal and you'll be able to check if you're getting counterfeit.
Where can you buy such as pen?

Originally Posted by arthrod
Stay in the Palermo or the Recoleta neighborhoods. Everything is between Cordoba and Santa Fe Avenues. What kind of places are you looking or are you looking for a pout-pourri?
It depends. Sometimes I stay at a Gay B&B, sometimes at a regular inn, and sometimes at a brand name hotel (Marriott, Hilton, etc.). I don't like the really fancy places (like Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau seems to be), but also don't wanna stay in hostels. As long as the hotels is centrally located near lots of restaurants so I can walk around and check out the menus before deciding to sit down and have dinner.
A hotel with an excellent (European-style) breakfast included would be great.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Jan 12, 2015 at 7:28 am
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Anyone?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Anyone?
Change your money on arrival at the airport after you get your luggage and leave the luggage area, the bank is in the airport. Do not change in the duty free or luggage area. Do not change on calle florida, lots of crooks and fake money.

You dont need the stupid pen.

Stay in recoletta.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Change your money on arrival at the airport after you get your luggage and leave the luggage area, the bank is in the airport. Do not change in the duty free or luggage area. Do not change on calle florida, lots of crooks and fake money.
That seems to run contrary to the collective wisdom of the folks on the Argentina FT board. Even if you do not want to deal with the arbolitos of Calle Florida nor exchange in cuevas, I would have thought that, at any rate for US peeps, exchanging through xoom would be a considerably better deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.