Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Hotel Check-Ins How do you handle it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Check-Ins How do you handle it?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JeredF
But here's where travel gets more complicated, and I'd love to hear some new ideas: I have two husbands. (Long story.) Only two of us are legally married, of course, but we all live together, travel together, sleep in the same (king) bed at home, and prefer to do the same when traveling.

As you might imagine, this adds a whole new level of challenge to the hotel reservation and check-in process.

One challenge when abroad is finding a king bed in the first place. (A "double" bed usually doesn't cut it because they're smaller and frequently just two single beds pushed together.) For that reason we mostly stay in Western chains, which also mitigates the chance of any service-related issues as well.
Ah a Triad, nice...

I know a couple of Triad's and they usuallt book two queen beds, and push them together. They they leave a note for housekeeping to not make the beds and leave them where they are.

My partner and I never have had a problem checking into a hotel, of course we get the desk staff who are gay and will flirt in a good way. Now f course we haven't been to Russia yet or the Middle East.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
On the younger scale of things, we mostly stayed at AirBnBs throughout western Europe, as they were often slightly cheaper than most hotels. Our hosts would usually greet us with a look of surprise, then a smirk throughout the apartment tour. I'm not sure whether they were surprised at how young we were, or that we were two boys clearly sharing one bed, but it was never a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.