Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Vienna or London recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vienna or London recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Question Vienna or London recommendations?

So never been to Vienna (May, staying at the Hilton Vienna Plaza) and Central London is so dynamic (staying at the The London Edition in April).

Any favorite hole in the walls, casual but local restaurants, chill local bars or other recommendations??
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Wink

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So never been to Vienna (May, staying at the Hilton Vienna Plaza) and Central London is so dynamic (staying at the The London Edition in April).

Any favorite hole in the walls, casual but local restaurants, chill local bars or other recommendations??
Might I recommend you research existing threads and post in those you find? You're not a newbie here on FT.

Here is one to get you started: Updated London Advice - Neighborhoods, Bars, Clubs
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Following. I've never been to Vienna and am thinking of going to Italy (never been there either) and spending a couple days in Vienna and couldn't find anything on here about the gay life.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA
I really like Travel Gay Europe's website for reviews of bars and clubs. Warning. Vienna's bars are REALLY smoky. I smoke, and even I had to flee a couple of them.

I was in Vienna in September. It was fun. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Might I recommend you research existing threads and post in those you find? You're not a newbie here on FT.

Here is one to get you started: Updated London Advice - Neighborhoods, Bars, Clubs
Thanks for the link to the 2015 thread! So very helpful.

Any non-bars/clubs like coffeeshops or other points of interest?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I had an absolute blast in Vienna. I agree with TominLazyBrook regarding Travel Gay Europe. It is an awesome resource for any city in Europe, Asia, and Australia.

You will find all sorts of fun places to eat by the Naschmarkt. Plus a few smokey but fun clubs around there. If it is a nice day (especially a Sunday) visit the gardens in Schonbrunn. I had an amazing day there.

Take the trams around Ringstrasse and see all the cool cafes and hotels. Take the Metro out to Leopoldstrat to see the Prater. Then out to Donauinsel for a stroll. I found the area around the cathedral and Graben pedestrian area to be fun but very crowded. Loved the Plague Statue though. Enjoy!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Thanks for the link to the 2015 thread! So very helpful.

Any non-bars/clubs like coffeeshops or other points of interest?
There's a couple coffee houses on old Compton that are fun and pretty gay. There is an Amorino gelato on Old Compton I like to go to whenever I'm in London.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
When visiting Vienna, be sure to pick up your QUEER CityPass Vienna!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:42 pm

Have a look at the "Why not" gay bar. Great place
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.