Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trying to Raise Funds for HIV/AID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly

I know cross-posting is discouraged....and I certainly know HIV/AIDS is not only a gay issue....but I'm posting in this forum because I'm trying to do something good.

I am reaching out one more time to FT community, asking for your support as I ride my 4th NorCal AIDS Cycle.

Each rider sets a personal goal as to what they hope to raise. In addition to riding 300 miles on a bike, it is a personal challenge to bring in as much money as we can. This year, I again have set a goal of $10,000, but with only two weeks before the ride, I'm still about $2,200 short.

Some of you may have decided to direct your donations to other organizations this year, and I appreciate that. But if you'd like to donate in support of my ride and see what it's taken me to get on a bike this year, please click on the link in my signature block to read about my hurdles this year and to make a tax-deductible donation. No donation is too small -- or too large!

In advance, many thanks!

Kevin
Old Dec 17, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by kevinsac
I know cross-posting is discouraged....and I certainly know HIV/AIDS is not only a gay issue....but I'm posting in this forum because I'm trying to do something good.

I am reaching out one more time to FT community, asking for your support as I ride my 4th NorCal AIDS Cycle.

Each rider sets a personal goal as to what they hope to raise. In addition to riding 300 miles on a bike, it is a personal challenge to bring in as much money as we can. This year, I again have set a goal of $10,000, but with only two weeks before the ride, I'm still about $2,200 short.

Some of you may have decided to direct your donations to other organizations this year, and I appreciate that. But if you'd like to donate in support of my ride and see what it's taken me to get on a bike this year, please click on the link in my signature block to read about my hurdles this year and to make a tax-deductible donation. No donation is too small -- or too large!

In advance, many thanks!

Kevin
Kevin..
1s.. I do apologize for no one responding to your post. Hopefully members had DM'd you
2nd.. Hope you ride went well and you raised your donations

If you decide to ride in 2017, I would happily join the cause..
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Ever considered doing AIDS/LifeCycle or the SMART Ride in Florida from Miami to Key West? Did them both last year, doing them both again in 2017. SMART Ride is a lot less grueling, though. Our team (The Pork Pedalers) has a few riders based in Sac. If you're looking for training buddies, lmk and I'd be happy to put you in touch with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.