Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Abu dhabi next week...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Abu dhabi next week...

Is it true men can not walk around naked in the locker rooms also? I heard that its a no no in UAE!!! Does anyone know...
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
I didn't find that in Dubai. Usual spectrum of locker-room behaviour, from people who cover up completely to those who don't bother at all. This was in a top hotel so I'm guessing that reflected the diversity of people from different cultures staying in the hotel. Same in steam room, sauna etc.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
In Abu Dhabi, the hotel I stayed at actually had a sign in the men's gym/pool/spa changing room asking guests to change in the cubicles and to cover up with a towel when using the sauna and steam room to "respect local culture".
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Interesting. Must be a Dubai/Abu Dhabi thing or I was in a particularly liberal hotel... (went regularly on business so saw this behaviour over several months and several visits)
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by Morland
Interesting. Must be a Dubai/Abu Dhabi thing or I was in a particularly liberal hotel... (went regularly on business so saw this behaviour over several months and several visits)
which might have been the reason for later putting up a sign?
and...that there is a sign up there, doesn't mean that people are going to comply with it?

I can't recall where, but there was a "spa" (not an official gay bathhouse) I used to frequent that had signs all over that "indecent behavior and sex will result in expulsion from the premises". Nonetheless, group sex was rampant all over the place. It was not Abu Dhabi for sure.

Last edited by carlosdca; Feb 17, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
I didn't notice anything like that while I lived in Abu Dhabi. I used both a stand-alone gym/gym chain (made up of both locals and expats) and the gyms of two different luxury hotels and never saw such a sign.

Having said that, you have to be sensible. In any event covering up in the locker room is not that big an issue, right?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by carlosdca
which might have been the reason for later putting up a sign?
and...that there is a sign up there, doesn't mean that people are going to comply with it?

I can't recall where, but there was a "spa" (not an official gay bathhouse) I used to frequent that had signs all over that "indecent behavior and sex will result in expulsion from the premises". Nonetheless, group sex was rampant all over the place. It was not Abu Dhabi for sure.
Umm, not that I'm interested (I'm married), but *where* was this spa again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.