Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Meeting other couples on a river cruise in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meeting other couples on a river cruise in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:54 pm

We did a Viking Main-Rhine-Mosel cruise a couple of years ago and were the only gay couple and one of only two non-U.S. couples! We were also amongst the youngest but met a couple nice people to share dinner tables with and had a blast. The cruise was fantastic with excellent food and great excursions!
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Everyone sounds like they had a great experience on their trips. I still haven't planned our optional excursions yet, but I've gotten feedback on a few.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:30 pm

Can't report yet but will try to remember to do so after we return at the end of April. Hubby and I (mid & ate 50s) are cruising with his college roommate and his husband (early to mid 50s) from Passau to Budapest with a couple of days at either end. All of us are big ocean cruisers but this will be the first river cruise for any of us. My hubby and I had talked about it but had some of the same concerns that led to the OP question so between that and the increased costs we never had booked. When our friends called to say they had we jumped onboard so to speak. We figured if we ended up on a boat full of wheelchair bound homophobes, then we will at least have two other folks to pal around with!

Clay
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Clay Clayton
Can't report yet but will try to remember to do so after we return at the end of April. Hubby and I (mid & ate 50s) are cruising with his college roommate and his husband (early to mid 50s) from Passau to Budapest with a couple of days at either end. All of us are big ocean cruisers but this will be the first river cruise for any of us. My hubby and I had talked about it but had some of the same concerns that led to the OP question so between that and the increased costs we never had booked. When our friends called to say they had we jumped onboard so to speak. We figured if we ended up on a boat full of wheelchair bound homophobes, then we will at least have two other folks to pal around with!

Clay
Thank you for that. I will be interested to hear your thoughts when you are done with the cruise. My friends who have done Viking cruises several times, make jokes about all the "Texans" on their cruise, meaning I take it, that they were somewhat conservative. But, as someone who comes from a small town in Pennsylvania, I am convinced you can find nice people from anywhere if you just try hard enough and stay open to meeting new people.

Enjoy your cruise!!!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:55 pm

If you don't see me posting something on here by May 1st that means I forgot so post something and that will show up in my inbox and remind me!

Not a real Texan here....moved here 3 years ago and live in Houston which most folks say isn't really Texas either ! LOL

Thanks for your good wishes and I agree with your sentiment about meeting new people...thought I don't find it that hard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.