Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Best drag shows in the States?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best drag shows in the States?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus
The shows in Key West are always entertaining, both at Aqua and the 801. Those ladies have been doing it for years and have always put on a good show when we've been there.

On a side note, do you think it's the popularity of RuPaul's Drag Race that has spurred more drag shows? In the Ann Arbor/Detroit area, they've been much more prolific the last couple years. The Necto likes to bring in some Drag Race alumni once a monh or so, and some smaller "straight" bars are even having Sunday shows. A bit of a throwback to my younger years to see so much activity in the clubs.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pfase_1
The shows in Key West are always entertaining, both at Aqua and the 801. Those ladies have been doing it for years and have always put on a good show when we've been there.

On a side note, do you think it's the popularity of RuPaul's Drag Race that has spurred more drag shows? In the Ann Arbor/Detroit area, they've been much more prolific the last couple years. The Necto likes to bring in some Drag Race alumni once a monh or so, and some smaller "straight" bars are even having Sunday shows. A bit of a throwback to my younger years to see so much activity in the clubs.
I loved Randy Roberts who used to perform in Key West.

I didn't know Necto did drag shows. I live pretty close to Ann Arbor (Toledo)
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tatterdema
While probably not the best, I had a great time at Toucan's Tiki Lounge in Palm Springs. And I don't like drag shows usually....
I was just going to say that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.