Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

NYC GAYLA 2015 Columbus Day weekend 10/9-10/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold

We took a break last year, but I think it's time for a party. Details will follow, but the general set up has been a Friday welcome party, Saturday dinner, and Sunday brunch. Would be great to see some of the old timers, but also some new faces.

update:

Friday
8pm Welcome party

Join us for some innocent drinks and nibbles in Woodside, Queens on 51st and Skillman. Exact address will be provided via pm. Uber it from Manhattan or easily take the 7 train to the 52nd St. stop in Queens. Please feel free to invite friends. Attire: clothing optional. Just kidding. Maybe.

Saturday
1pm High Line walk

Let’s walk off our hangovers by taking a nice stroll through the High Line. How about we meet at the entrance on 34th between 11th and 12th Avenues, and make our way south to Chelsea Market where we can grab some lunch.

8:30pm Dinner
Obao Thai restaurant, 647 9th Avenue between 45th and 46th. We are able to order off the menu. Minimum food spend is $25/person. No prepay necessary. Just bring cash with you. Whoever does not will be treating the entire group to dinner. This is not a joke. But on the plus side think of all the points you’ll be earning. Just let us know in advance so we can order those Dom Perignon magnums.

11:00pm Shenanigans
Plenty of bars in Hell’s Kitchen to get in trouble in. NYC Gayla is not responsible for the poor choices in random hook ups you make this evening.

Sunday
12pm Brunch

Tre Italian Restaurant, 173 Ludlow Street in the Lower Eastside. $23.95 plus tax and tip, which includes one entree and bottomless adult beverages. The drinks will be bottomless, not the adults. For bottomless adults please refer to Saturday night’s activities.

Last edited by justforfun; Oct 10, 2015 at 8:54 am
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Darn - were supposed to be in NYC the following weekend to leave on Sunday for a cruise to New England ending in Montreal.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K

That'll be great. I'm thinking about spending Columbus Day weekend in NYC anyway.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Flights booked!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
We always have the best times.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Hotel booked!
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt DIA; Hilton DIA; SPG Gold
Super. Based in NYC. Anyone setting up a google group for this ?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:10 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Curious, what is the gayla?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Curious, what is the gayla?
A group of gay FTers meeting up for a weekend of food and drink with a side of miles discussion.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I probably won't be able to attend Friday night but interested in Saturday dinner and Sunday brunch.

Will the dinner be early enough that it is possible to catch an 8 p.m. show?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I probably won't be able to attend Friday night but interested in Saturday dinner and Sunday brunch.

Will the dinner be early enough that it is possible to catch an 8 p.m. show?
Since the average age of the attendees will hopefully be less than 85, no, we will not be eating dinner at 5pm. Catch a matinee on Saturday.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: Hyatt DIA; Hilton DIA; SPG Gold
I certainly hope its not going to be a bunch of 20 yo's behaving like Justin Bieber!!!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by daliugrey
I certainly hope its not going to be a bunch of 20 yo's behaving like Justin Bieber!!!

So I guess 20yos are not welcome?
Ohh...only if they behave appropriately?
I guess I will have to leave my husband (currently 25 yo) at the hotel if I would want to attend this.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carlosdca
So I guess 20yos are not welcome?
Ohh...only if they behave appropriately?
I guess I will have to leave my husband (currently 25 yo) at the hotel if I would want to attend this.
Being the gracious host that I am, I'll volunteer to entertain your 25 y/o husband in his hotel room.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by daliugrey
Lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.