Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for NYE in Boston?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Tangerine

My boyfriend and I are thinking of spending New Year's Eve in Boston, as it middles the distance between where we will each be spending Christmas with our families. We have both been to Boston before, but neither of us knows the city well.

Can anyone suggest parties, activities, bars, events, restaurants, etc?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, MillionMiler, HH Silver
Do a search for First Night in Boston. Many local hotels offer discount packages that combine overnight rooms with the button you need to gain access to the many events going on around the city. I know Sheraton Boston has a package, just not sure of the specifics. Hopefully you'll find something in your budget. You'll want to stay in the Back Bay area - Near Boylston and Newbury Streets - great shopping and dining. Try Clio at the Eliot hotel if you're feeling fancy, for dinner. I think Club Cafe is a popular dance club. Be safe and have fun!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Club Cafe is ok - it will be packed and there will be a cover. The Estate is decent and offers a very mixed crowd. Mostly what you will find in Boston are high cover charges for not much gain. (I'm from Boston, I love it, but its a tough night to go out in the city. First Night is nice, check out the ice sculptures on the Common. The fireworks at midnight over the harbor are nice as well. Feel free to PM for more ideas
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Tangerine
Thanks for the suggestions! Hotels in Boston appear horribly overpriced, so I think we will probably do airbnb.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:48 pm
Suspended

I get as far away as possible from Boston during NYE...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.