Last edit by: aztimm
Event Website: http://www.southerndecadence.net/

Dates: Wednesday, August 27 through Monday, September 1, 2014

Print Wikipost

Southern Decadence 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Southern Decadence 2014

Just booked hotel and flight for this year.
It's always fun, though I will say the past 5 years I've been going, there have been 2 or 3 tropical storm/hurricanes just before or during the weekend. Couldn't happen again, right?
Hotels are expensive again this year, and flights--thanks, DL!-- are crazy $$. Luckily I had a $300 VDB from DL to use, to ease the pain.
Do you guys buy the $60 weekend passes or $115 VIP passes? I never have always seem to have enough fun, but am considering the $60 but prob will pass.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Unfortunately I am going to miss this one. I have gone every year since 2000 except for three years when there were hurricanes or tropical storms. I always go with the same friend and his niece is getting married that weekend so I'm going to vegas instead. I went to vegas the year of Hurricane Gustav and had a lot of fun
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
I am going, staying at the Four Points, which I would recommend due to it's proximity to the festivities (and, of course, the ability to earn/redeem SPG points)
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
I'll be the Hyatt French Quarter August 29 to September 2, assuming no storm change or cancellation.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA, DL, F9, UA
I was originally planning to go there with my bf, but I broke up 7 months ago. I had been debating whether I should be going to the Decadence. Well, I finally decided to go^. It may be a good opportunity to meet guys from all different places!
I am still looking for a hotel for good price, but it should not be too difficult to find a reasonable hotel in summer in New Orleans. Are you guys planning to get together during the Decadence?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn Flyer
I was originally planning to go there with my bf, but I broke up 7 months ago. I had been debating whether I should be going to the Decadence. Well, I finally decided to go^. It may be a good opportunity to meet guys from all different places!
I am still looking for a hotel for good price, but it should not be too difficult to find a reasonable hotel in summer in New Orleans. Are you guys planning to get together during the Decadence?
It kinda varies if someone sets something up, I will usually go but haven't been very active in organizing over the years. I've been to a few FT meet-ups in New Orleans at Decadence time.
It's still a fun weekend, though almost guaranteed tropical storm/hurricane time!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Possible hurricane forecast for New Orleans during Southern Decadence. Keep a watch...
http://www.drroyspencer.com/2014/08/...after-katrina/
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Possible hurricane forecast for New Orleans during Southern Decadence. Keep a watch...
http://www.drroyspencer.com/2014/08/...after-katrina/
When hasn't there been a hurricane during SD?!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
We are going. Staying at Hyatt French Quarter from Fri-Mon.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: *A, BAEC -Gold
We staying at the Hyatt French quarters too
(Thu-Mon)
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Staying at the Country Inn and Suites near the French Quarter with 2 more FTers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.