Calling all Sisters SPI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Calling all Sisters SPI

Are there are Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence on FT?

GCSPI here...

Sr. Mary Margret MayHam..
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Sister Mary Scarlett (retired)
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by adampenrith
Sister Mary Scarlett (retired)
Howdee... I'm retiring this month also, just no time...
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Not a Sister but a big fan here.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by plagwate
Not a Sister but a big fan here.
I know many ATL sisters.... They do awesome work...
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
I was in the Sydney Chapter for a few years, and were always very well received by the community
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by adampenrith
I was in the Sydney Chapter for a few years, and were always very well received by the community
I find that all new US chapters are well received by the communities they serve. Of course there are some people who to this day think we mock "real Nuns" but of course we have to educate those poor souls...
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
This poor soul here does not really know what a SPI is.

When I first saw some SPIs, without knowing of their existence, at some festival or special event I just did not get it, the outfit, the makeup, etc. I don't think they appeared to be extremely friendly for me to approach one and chat him up and ask what they are all about. Even more, I did not want to be embarrased of showing my ignorance.

Somehow later, I learned about their denomination "SPI" and read a little bit about it on the internet. Then a very outgoing friend of mine started conversation with one of them at a leather event in SD, it was pretty much small talk and I was still left

While for those of you that are SPIs might be very obvious what you are and what you do as a SPI, most all poor souls like me are just left

No disrespect, just an observation from an outsider here.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carlosdca
This poor soul here does not really know what a SPI is.

When I first saw some SPIs, without knowing of their existence, at some festival or special event I just did not get it, the outfit, the makeup, etc. I don't think they appeared to be extremely friendly for me to approach one and chat him up and ask what they are all about. Even more, I did not want to be embarrased of showing my ignorance.

Somehow later, I learned about their denomination "SPI" and read a little bit about it on the internet. Then a very outgoing friend of mine started conversation with one of them at a leather event in SD, it was pretty much small talk and I was still left

While for those of you that are SPIs might be very obvious what you are and what you do as a SPI, most all poor souls like me are just left

No disrespect, just an observation from an outsider here.

First off sorry to hear about you experience, it can be overwhelming at times when first meeting the sisters at an event. It's hard to stop one for a chat since most people at the event know who they are and "want a photo op" however, I know many of the San Diego Sisters personally and ask you to give them a try one more time, if you could remember this name, Sister Nora, talk to her, she is awesome and will give you all the time you need (If she is not busy with the event you are at) to answer any and all questions. If you tell her Sr 3M sent you she will make time.....
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
I LOVE the sisters!

I enjoy seeing Sister Roma turn up all over the place. Is she well liked by the other SF sisters?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tmorse6570
I LOVE the sisters!

I enjoy seeing Sister Roma turn up all over the place. Is she well liked by the other SF sisters?
She is a trip in and out of face!!!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:33 am

The sisters were out in full force all over the Castro this past weekend in their Easter "whites." Quite a site.

I have to say the first time that I saw them in a bar, they did scare me a little bit, but I kept seeing them in different places and finally one of them was kind enough to explain the whole deal to me. Since then I always chat with them when I see them and they are ALWAYS very funny and very kind.

However, never in a million years would it have occurred to me that lurking underneath the makeup and the habit would be a fellow flyertalker!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by goteed1
The sisters were out in full force all over the Castro this past weekend in their Easter "whites." Quite a site.

I have to say the first time that I saw them in a bar, they did scare me a little bit, but I kept seeing them in different places and finally one of them was kind enough to explain the whole deal to me. Since then I always chat with them when I see them and they are ALWAYS very funny and very kind.

However, never in a million years would it have occurred to me that lurking underneath the makeup and the habit would be a fellow flyertalker!
Well, it is appropriate, flying nun and all.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by goteed1

Yes Pink Sunday, and only the sisters know how to do it well...

We are all over the place, I thought it would cool to have a SPI airline... 420 for all... What a relaxing flight that would be...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.