Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

I'm trying this again....will you support me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly

I know .... HIV/AIDS is not a "gay" disease, even if I am posting in the LGBT forum. In fact, I am riding on a cycling team for Sunburst Projects, which audience is families and children infected and affected by HIV.

I know ..... cross-posting is discouraged. But since I am raising funds for a 501(c)(3), I'm hoping the mods will allow this thread to remain open.

I am asking FT members to check out my signature block and support me as I try once again to ride 330 miles, in 3.5 days, to raise money for beneficiary organizations in Northern California.

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
...and I'll be an opportunist.

I'll be walking 17 miles from dusk until dawn on not one, but TWO occasions in June to raise funds for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, the largest non-profit organization wholly dedicated to suicide research and prevention efforts.

I'm also taking in-kind donations of blister bandages.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Thanks. I just received a donation. Cool! ^
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And 98103 ... I will make a donation for you, too.

A worthy cause...often stigmatized, unfairly so!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bump...I hope for some more lovin' from this community.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

With a check in hand (still to be mailed in), I now have raised $9,500.01; let’s not forget the penny, as ever cent counts! But I’m still $500 short of my personal goal.

Here is a list of beneficiary organizations for which I am trying to raise money. Even if you don’t want to support me, will you throw some money in the hat for these organizations ? It’s all tax-deductible!

And here is a recent news clip on one of the specific organizations that is struggling and dependent on NCAC. The President of the Board is so committed to raising funds, he also rides 330 very long miles on a very small saddle!

I am appreciative of every donation – so are many others!

Kevin
Old May 9, 2014, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So...I raised $500 tonight, in less than an hour, for a good cause. Foolishly, I offered to shave my legs. I did this in the hope of reaching my goal--with a crazy idea. And it worked!

But I'm not done--I'm upping the ante! If I raise another $500 by midnight Sunday, I'll get my legs waxed. It has to be by Sunday...cause I need to have it done Monday....so I can recover by the time I climb on a bike on Thursday.

Make your tax-deductible donation right here! A lot of my friends already have donated -- and I adore your kindness. Are you willing to throw a little more in the bucket? Will my other friends rise to the challenge?
Old May 9, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
You just hit your goal, not sure if the $500 was to hit your goal or surpass it, but I think you should post pix of getting your legs done anyway, and perhaps a brazilian to thank us...
Old May 9, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 7Continents
You just hit your goal, not sure if the $500 was to hit your goal or surpass it, but I think you should post pix of getting your legs done anyway, and perhaps a brazilian to thank us...
Thank you, sir or ma'am! I have now hit my goal .... and even a bit above it. But I 'm not quiting until the ride is over ... and a few "kind-hearted" friends want to see me suffer--but I'm not sure they can afford to reach the gold standard: the Waxing Level!

[PS: like you, I have been to 7 continents. In fact, we visited 7 continents in 7 years. An unplanned goal -- but amazing achievement!]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.