Bangkok for New Year

Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Really. You don't say!? What a delightful coincidence indeed. We must meet for a cup of tea and biscuits then.
Oh well. You can take itsaboutthejourney for an afternoon tea but we already have a ballet performance(s) booked for the evening(s).
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:58 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by holtju2
Oh well. You can take itsaboutthejourney for an afternoon tea but we already have a ballet performance(s) booked for the evening(s).
Followed by some nibbles thru room service?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
soooo... anyone up for meet?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Delta SkyMiles, Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest
This is turning into a party! I'll be there @ the Grand Hyatt from 12/27 through 1/2.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
no photos? everyone so shy or I don't get it? ;-(
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
shame on me...I will be in BKK next week, but not for New Years Eve....:
Would have loved to join you, guys!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:01 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Exclamation Just be careful - especially if it is your first time

Please enjoy your New Year party in BKK, but remind when you are messing up with Thai guys: Nothing is for free here ! Even if you are young and beautiful, at the end you will pay the same price as your old fellow FTalker who will be at the best place in town well before New Year's eve: BKK airport outbound back to good old Europe and the shores of the magical North Italian lakes.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by behuman
Please enjoy your New Year party in BKK, but remind when you are messing up with Thai guys: Nothing is for free here ! Even if you are young and beautiful, at the end you will pay the same price as your old fellow FTalker who will be at the best place in town well before New Year's eve: BKK airport outbound back to good old Europe and the shores of the magical North Italian lakes.
You can always mess with European or American guys...
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
oh, Behuman, so I should feel comfy when I am back in Europe for Xmas again
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:01 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Hi guys,
I'm also staying in Bangkok for new year with the other Mr Jetranger. Arrive from London on the 31st, staying at the Peninsula. We may just do a room service thing as the official events are kinda pricey there, so we'll see fireworks then head out depending on jetlag and tiredness levels. Looking for good suggestions of bars and clubs, not too far away from the area around the Pen.
Cheers!!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 3:57 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
oh, Behuman, so I should feel comfy when I am back in Europe for Xmas again
Comfy and boring perhaps .

Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
Hi guys,
I'm also staying in Bangkok for new year with the other Mr Jetranger. Arrive from London on the 31st, staying at the Peninsula. We may just do a room service thing as the official events are kinda pricey there, so we'll see fireworks then head out depending on jetlag and tiredness levels. Looking for good suggestions of bars and clubs, not too far away from the area around the Pen.
Cheers!!
The Peninsula is a great resort in the city but on the "wrong" side of the river. Take their hotel boat to the Sathorn Pier after dinner and from there it is three stations with the Skytrain to Silom.

Soi 4 is the less commercial, DJ station Soi 2 is younng and increasingly (hidden) commercial. And keep an eye on Mr. Jetranger .
Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:32 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum

The Peninsula is a great resort in the city but on the "wrong" side of the river. Take their hotel boat to the Sathorn Pier after dinner and from there it is three stations with the Skytrain to Silom.

Soi 4 is the less commercial, DJ station Soi 2 is younng and increasingly (hidden) commercial. And keep an eye on Mr. Jetranger .
I hear you. He'll probably be more worried about me!
Re the location, I understand this, but others I have spoken to say it isn't too much of an issue being on the "wrong" side of the river as you can cross easily via the hotel river taxi which goes back n forth. Hope it won't be too much of an issue. We are big Peninsula fans and have enjoyed their hotels in other cities around the world.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:52 pm
Suspended

How do you East-Coasters get to BKK? Seems like a trek half around the planet.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
How do you East-Coasters get to BKK? Seems like a trek half around the planet.
That's the whole point!!

Usually fly CX via HKG.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by justforfun
That's the whole point!!

Usually fly CX via HKG.
I was thinking of going next year for Xmas and New Years, flying AF via CDG.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.