FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   GLBT Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers-218/)
-   -   Vegas Gay Day-Thoughts? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers/1319328-vegas-gay-day-thoughts.html)

jamesteroh Feb 29, 2012 7:38 am

Vegas Gay Day-Thoughts?

I know people here do the Disney Gay Days and I am on their mailing list.

I have been getting their emails about the Gay Days in Vegas. Anyone here think it will be fun or do you guys think it isn't worth looking at? Just inerested in getting others thoughts on this.

I go to Vegas quite a bit. I always do Folsom and Decadence in September and there is no way I can do three events in September being an accountant and with September 15 and October 15 being big tax days. Even with Folsom weekend being moved this week hotels are expensive and I think the rate at the Tropicana for gay days is very reasonable.

One big concern that I can't find addressed on the site or any of the emails is if they have the entire hotel blocked. I have been to events in the past where the entire hotel wasn't blocked (like the Wyndham in Cleveland during CLAW a few years ago and there have been a couple times at IML where airline crews have stayed there or travellers were allowed to check in the host on memorial day with a bunch of attendee still there) and it creates an awkward enviornment for both the guys and the guests who had no idea what was going on when they booked the room.

bigguyinpasadena Feb 29, 2012 7:56 am

Link please?

jamesteroh Feb 29, 2012 7:58 am

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena (Post 18103009)
Link please?

gaydays.com

tatterdema Feb 29, 2012 1:01 pm

They are selling rooms on Expedia, etc, so my guess is that at best they might be blocking out one tower....

grt2106 Mar 11, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm guessing it's going to be a very small affair- but, it could turn around.

BenjaminNicholas Mar 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Anything 'gay' in Vegas seems to be done in a half-assed way, catering to the GLBT community who are local and visiting, but not really putting it out there the way other, more major cities do.

Unless it's super cheap, I say skip it. My event experiences in Vegas have been forgettable. Perhaps take that cash and spend it on a Vegas weeekend when Madonna has her shows at MGM in October.

BN

Vip4me May 8, 2012 3:10 am

I wonder the same. It looks intriguing and I really have no big events that weekend so I may go just for an excuse to goto Vegas. if you were to pick between the Orlando Disney GD's and this well Orlando Days wins by a landslide.

DallasEsq May 19, 2012 5:27 pm

I've been to Gay Days Disney and it's a blast. You get the hotel and its amenities all to yourself, and if you go FOR SURE go to the waterpark night (if they still have it).

Vegas isn't a very fun gay destination in the first place, and the opportunity to go to a mediocre theme park and a drag show you can see anytime doesn't seem to add much. It would help if they could reserve some common areas, like the pool, so people could socialize.

DallasEsq May 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas (Post 18188417)
Anything 'gay' in Vegas seems to be done in a half-assed way, catering to the GLBT community who are local and visiting, but not really putting it out there the way other, more major cities do.

ITA. The gay bars and clubs are pretty blatant about screwing tourists.

Tom Ford May 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas (Post 18188417)

Unless it's super cheap, I say skip it. My event experiences in Vegas have been forgettable. Perhaps take that cash and spend it on a Vegas weeekend when Madonna has her shows at MGM in October.

BN

agreed.

I absolutely love Vegas, but the "scene" is mediocre at best.

MegatopLover Jan 14, 2013 6:04 am

Does this advice still hold true? Thread is less than a year old, so I assume so.

jamesteroh Jan 14, 2013 6:44 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover (Post 20042951)
Does this advice still hold true? Thread is less than a year old, so I assume so.

I don't know anyone who went to gay days in Vegas and I would love a report since Trop is now a doubletree. Last time I was in Vegas was in October and the gay scene still sucks. Vegas is a fun city and lots to do but gay night life isn't that great.

grt2106 Jan 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Some new gay haunts have opened up in Vegas- I wish one would stick and become strong- don't know what the big problem is. I stick to hookups on the phone. : P