Aruba GLBT recommendations?

Subscribe
Heading to Aruba for the weekend at the end of March. ^ If anyone has personal experience or advice s/he would be willing to share, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not looking for recommendations on what to do, but rather insights on GLBT friendly and/or frequented hotels, resorts or B&Bs (near beaches if possible!). I've found one place just for gay men, (Little David's), but it seems quite far from beaches. It would be lovely to hear from someone who's been and might have found a different place.

Thanks!
Aruba
Hi - Was there on a cruise in December. The island had a Dutch influence of "live and let live" - found it even more so in Curacao. Not sure if you've chosen a hotel, but Oranjestad is not the most attractive town (very touristy, a bit garish, crawling with cruise ship passengers) - would probably stay north of town on the beach, and take a taxi into town when needed. Heard that Eagle Beach is the most mixed beach on the island, as well.

Found a couple of websites/articles which may help.

aruba.gaycities.com

http://www.passportmagazine.com/dest...BC_Islands.php

Hope this helps, and wishing you a great trip.
Well, Oranjestad is the only real "city" in Aruba and there is a small, local bar called Jimmy's Place a short walk from the heart of town:

http://www.jimmysaruba.com/

Oranjestad is a 10 min or so drive from Eagle and Palm Beaches, where most of the hotels and resorts are located...it's a quick drive or taxi from the hotels.

Otherwise, I've visited 4 or 5 times and have always found the island to be gay friendly.
thanks for the replies! we're heading off soon. kind of excited to go to a place that looks nice so close to the US. indian ocean has been our place to go, but it's just really, really far away!
I'd suggest that you take one day or two and rent a jeep to explore the island. Pretty much only one side of the island is fully inhabited and there are some magnificent unpaved roads to explore its most beautiful parts. There are tons of rental places that specialize in one or two day rentals and they will usually pick you up at your hotel.
Giving this a bump to see if anyone has recent experience. Worth going out to Jimmy's? Doing a 1 night MR to Aruba, staying Palm Beach area