Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gay Key West (non-nude)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2011, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Gay Key West (non-nude)

Some help needed. My partner and I will be in Key West in early January and are looking for a gay friendly place to stay. So far, so easy, I hear you say. Problem is that my better half is English and will have NOTHING to do with public nudism, which seems to exclude most gay places in Key West. Any suggestions for this dilema?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Priority Rewards Platinum
I would recommend staying at Big Ruby's Guesthouse. It is listed as clothing optional, but that is more an exception than a rule. Once in a great while someone will swim nude. The location is great - 1/2 block from Duval Street and walking distance to everything.

Or check out Alexander's Guesthouse - a very upscale gay men and women property. They have 2 upper clothing optional sun decks, however, again it is an exception. The pool, jacuzzi, and bar area are NOT clothing optional. It is a 10 minute walk through the historic district to Duval Street. If you want an 'all welcome' property I recommend both the Cypress House Guesthouse or the Gardens Hotel. I am married to a Brit too and he is not into prancing around nude. All these can be found at www.gaykeywestfl.com
Cheers!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
We stayed at Alexanders years ago and saw no nudity. Lovely place.

We did go to the big place on the ocean (Atlantic Shores?) and there were many folks naked, the only cute ones (IMHO) were two young british boys who were happy to show off their bangers and spuds.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Alexanders Guesthouse is, by far, the best choice. It's upscale, classy and they make you feel like you're part of the family. The rooms are great and room rates include breakfast and free cocktails happy hour.

As other posters have said, there are nude sun decks, but they are away from the main pool area and they're not there to create any type of sleazy environment.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Preichers
Problem is that my better half is English and will have NOTHING to do with public nudism
Not entirely sure I see the connection here
Old Dec 27, 2011, 1:27 pm

English = prudish??? (And I'm from Blighty before I get shouted down!!)
Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
"No Sex Please, We're British"
universally panned, but long running West End show.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Sex_...#39;re_British
Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Keysgay
I would recommend staying at Big Ruby's Guesthouse. It is listed as clothing optional, but that is more an exception than a rule. Once in a great while someone will swim nude. The location is great - 1/2 block from Duval Street and walking distance to everything.
I also recomend Big Ruby's. They great their guests GREAT. I was there for new years once and they made complimentary pina coladas, the breakfast is cooked to order, they keep the property up and the location is good. I love the tropical shower.

The only drawback is if you have a car, they only have a couple parking spots, but I wouldn't recomend renting a car in Keywest anyway, no need for one, but I would consider renting a bike.

Big Ruby's is advertised as clothing optional but only saw people nude a couple times and that was when swimming or once someone was sunbathing nude. It isn't like people walk around the place with no clothes on and I have never seen any public sexual activity.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. We are booked at big rubys as alexander is full. Will report back. Happy new year to all.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Priority Rewards Platinum
Bloody Mary's with breakfast! I'll join you one morning. Be sure to take the gay trolley tour!
SMS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.