Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Brazil: Ilha Grande/other places to go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:12 am
Original Poster

I am going on a biz trip in January to GRU and have a couple of days off...beside going to Rio for 2 days, I was also thinking of going to a beach for a couple of days. Read about Ilha Grande in LP and the place sounds great.
Does anyone know if there are any particular gay areas/hotels on Ilha Grande?
Or do you have any other good suggestions for gay-ish beach resorts in Brazil where it's worth going for a couple of days?
I'd appreciate any hints, thanks much!
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, NW Plat, UA 2P
If I am not mistaken, Ilha Grande can be a quick day trip from Rio. And I suspect that newyorkgeorge will confirm that you will barely have scratched the surface (of beach-going, that is! ) after spending 2 days at the Farme beach in Ipanema in Rio. With any luck, the rains we are now having will have moved on, and the Rio beaches will have reverted to their normal decadent selves.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:18 pm

Well, Ilha Grande is great, but it's very rustic and wild, not to mention sparsely populated, so I don't believe there is a gay spot, but I could be wrong, since I'm not gay.
But Búzios, on the other hand, has plenty of gay spots. Well, it's not thing compared to some spots in Rio where you can say some places cater almost exclusively to the gay public.
Searching the web for gay-friendly pousadas in Búzios, I could find two:

http://www.ourhousebrazil.com/
http://www.maisonduchene.com.br/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.