Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Gay-Friendly All Inclusives in Cuba

Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, Delta Platinum, Fairmont Premiere

Hey folks,

Anyone with good experiences at AI resorts in Cuba?

My partner and I are headed there in February and would love a recommendation. We hear good things in general, but anyone with specific recommendations of a 4- or 5-star that's particularly good would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I have never heard of a gay friendly Cuban resort, not sure if there is such a thing. I have been going to Cuba since 2001 and have never heard of a gay friendly resort. Where in Cuba are you interested in going? Also just a word of warning, do not select anything below a a 5 star property. Also aim for the Melia group of properties. Are you interested in Varadero?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, Delta Platinum, Fairmont Premiere
I kind of suspected as much, and that welcoming gay customers is likely not a big thing at all. We're thinking of going to the Varadero area, and your recommendation of the 5-star properties meshes exactly with what everyone else has told us -- to a T in fact! Thanks for the specific recommendation of the Melia group of properties. That was one of the ones we had seen and were interested in, so it's good to know you've had good luck.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
For Varadero, your best bet would be Paradisus Varadero. But also keep in mind Santa Clara, really beautiful beaches. I find Varadero too crowded. have fun I will be in Cuba, Dec 17-Jan2, but I am not the resort type, will be mainly in Santa Clara,Trinidad and Havana.

Paradisus Varadero, Varadero (tel. 45/66-8700): This is the Sol Meliá's fanciest resort hotel in Varadero, with expansive grounds, a huge free-form pool, and all the activities and amenities you could hope for. There's a variety of dining options and they create the feel of an intimate, romantic getaway better than any of the other large resort hotels in Varadero.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ince_Cuba.html

Also if you have never been to Havana, there is a bus trip to Havana, try to visit, nice city.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
Any updates on gay Cuba travel? Has anyone been in the past six months?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.