Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent BCN updates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:17 am
jg3
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Choice PLT, UA Gold.
Recent BCN updates

BF and I are heading to BCN at the end of next month.
Looking for recent suggestions on night life and such. I think we have the restaurants covered, but are lacking for night life or other fun suggestions. It seems that the threads I found here were about a year or more old, so any recent experiences would rock.

Thanks.

-J
Old Sep 24, 2011, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Been to both but I prefer Madrid. BCN is ok was there in June this year.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:35 pm
BCH

we went to a bar called nightBerry, which was fun, had good, cheap drinks, and a good-looking crowd. But we were there with a large crowd, so my perspective could be skewed.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:26 am
jg3
Original Poster

Thanks. Was in MAD last time I was in Spain two years ago and loved it. We are heading to MAD next summer so we would like to stay in BCN.

J
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by jg3
Thanks. Was in MAD last time I was in Spain two years ago and loved it. We are heading to MAD next summer so we would like to stay in BCN.

J
I prefer BCN over MAD hands down. The people are friendlier there IMO. And I like the gay guys there better as well (although I'm not really into having sex with Spanish guys; it's not that "Wow!" for me). I'm from San Diego, so BCN is a lot like home to me. And I LOVE the farmers market on La Rambla; it's always on my to-do list. I was there in June. But I was with family, so I didn't do anything "gay" except for checking out guys. I will say that the gay dance clubs in MAD are some of the best I've been to. Better than Barcelona's IMO.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:22 pm
jg3
Original Poster

Well, if BCN is like SAN I will love it. I'm in SAN a bunch for work and love it.
Maybe I will fall back to the 2 and 2 plan, 2 in BCN and 2 in MAD.

Decisions, decisions...
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:09 pm
Suspended

I will be in BCN the last weekend of October. Found a gay guide online (www.patroc.com) that seems to be pretty good in nightlife listings.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:38 am
jg3
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I will be in BCN the last weekend of October. Found a gay guide online (www.patroc.com) that seems to be pretty good in nightlife listings.
Thanks! The Patroc.com site gave some great suggestions. I did not know we would be there during the GLTB film fest, that looks like it could be fun. Wow, so much to do and only a few days to do it in.....

@dieuwer2 if you want to meet up for a drink DM me. Always like to be able to put a face to a name!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:07 pm
Suspended

I'm in BCN right now, and have to admit that I'm bored to death. Nightlife sucks, while people are very unfriendly and anglophobe.
It also doesn't help that my wallet got stolen and got hurt when I fell of slippery stairs and snapped my ankle.

The only good thing is the hotel. Staying at hotel Jazz which is a very nice property.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:37 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Nightlife sucks, while people are very unfriendly and anglophobe.
I think you may be a little unsettled because your were mugged. I disagree with all of your comments above.

I, and thousands of others, descended on BCN for Circuit in August. People are very friendly, and flirty. "Ola Guapo" goes a long way.

This website provides a great and accurate picture of the scene http://www.60by80.com/barcelona/nightlife/

We only did one party, the rest of the time was good food, and culture. There is immense history in BCN and the tourist attractions such as the Museum of Catalonia are brilliant.

Madrid's culture, however, is even more superior.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:48 pm

There are people on FT who practically jet to BCN every weekend...LOL who could chime in. I personally don't hate or love it.

It's all in the es-ample. And hasn't changed that much over the years. More interesting when the beach is open for sure.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I think you may be a little unsettled because your were mugged. I disagree with all of your comments above.

I, and thousands of others, descended on BCN for Circuit in August. People are very friendly, and flirty. "Ola Guapo" goes a long way.

This website provides a great and accurate picture of the scene http://www.60by80.com/barcelona/nightlife/

We only did one party, the rest of the time was good food, and culture. There is immense history in BCN and the tourist attractions such as the Museum of Catalonia are brilliant.

My comments are a factual observation. Nobody said "Ola Guapo", nobody was flirtatious nor friendly.
In many bars people are standing pressed against the walls with a standoffish attitude. I thought "OMG", I took the wrong plane and now I am in Germany!
I speak a little Spanish so tried that, but it did not help much to break the ice. Strange to note that hardly anyone speaks English. Maybe they're snobs like the French?

Barcelona itself is a nice city, but a HUGE tourist trap as well. Visited Casa Batllo, but thought it was a waste of the 18 euros: stuffed with other people trying to see anything. When I noticed the HUGE lines at Casa Mila and the Sagrada Familia, I thought "forget it".

I think I will not visit Spain again. I rather go to Montreal or Amsterdam; much more fun.

FYI: I'm Dutch. Maybe Spanish hate Dutch guys...

Last edited by Dieuwer; Oct 31, 2011 at 5:36 pm
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond

When they said HOLA Guapo were on something really powerful dancing away at the circuit party??? Sometimes when you are on something it is hard to decipher what others are saying, could have been "get out of my way"? LOL
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:00 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64

When they said HOLA Guapo were on something really powerful dancing away at the circuit party??? Sometimes when you are on something it is hard to decipher what others are saying, could have been "get out of my way"? LOL
Hilarious. This forum really blows, think I'll stick to the non LGBTQI forums.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Hilarious. This forum really blows, think I'll stick to the non LGBTQI forums.
You like "my" other forum better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.