Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Puerto Vallarta hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tatterdema
I have not stayed there, but have visited. It is well past its prime, and depending on the unit, can be quite a hike. I would recommend Tropicana or a Jr. Suite at San Marino if you want beach front. A Suite at Emperador is a great value. There are also tons of condo units on the various websites. One Beach Steet is also a good value if you want a condo, and I would pick it over BTM anytime.
Looks like San Marino does the wristband thing which is a big NO NO in my book. No in-room WiFi either. Rates are $275/night which are ridiculous.
The Tropicana and Emperador get mixed reviews on TA, no in-room WiFi.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: HH Silver
Lol, that is a ridiculous rate, but they will probably get it. I just got back from staying in a Jr. Suite (the ONLY room I would stay in), which are all waterfront, and have in room wifi. I think it is because they are directly above the common area. I refuse to wear the wrist band, they put it on my key for me. Of course my rate was about $75 a night AI, so I was happy. For $300? Probably not.

Anyhow, good luck. I just personally would not settle for Boana, unless I was priced out of everything else. Of course others love it. I think it all depends on the room you get. I am also allergic to stair and hill climbing, so that rules out most all of the building for me.

Lol, had to add...
Thanks for bringing this up. I was sad I would miss my yearly trip to PV next year because I want to go to PDC instead to see the ruins, well checking pricing I found a great deal over NYE, so now I get to do NYE and my birthday in PV, then PDC in Feb.

Last edited by tatterdema; Feb 14, 2016 at 9:46 am
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:11 am
Suspended

I was sad I would miss my yearly trip to PV next year because I want to go to PDC instead to see the ruins, well checking pricing I found a great deal over NYE, so now I get to do NYE and my birthday in PV, then PDC in Feb.
"PDC"?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
"PDC"?
I am going to guess Playa del Carmen (near Mayan ruins)
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by carlosdca
I am going to guess Playa del Carmen (near Mayan ruins)
Yes! It is on my bucket list, as I am fascinated by the history. Cannnot usually afford the time off work or money to take 2 trips in the same time frame, but because the price for PV was so low over the holiday, I stretched things to make it work. Putting off PDC until the end of Feb instead of the end of Jan to make it work.

Last year I did Vegas on NYE (bucket list). Horrible experience. Both myself and partner got sick the day we got there. The temperature was in the 20's at night. I love Vegas, but that was just one bad trip. NYE somewhere warm is more my idea of a vacation.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Last year I did Vegas on NYE (bucket list). Horrible experience. Both myself and partner got sick the day we got there. The temperature was in the 20's at night. I love Vegas, but that was just one bad trip. NYE somewhere warm is more my idea of a vacation.
I did Vegas over Thanksgiving. Was horrible as well. Never again.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Looks like San Marino does the wristband thing which is a big NO NO in my book. No in-room WiFi either. Rates are $275/night which are ridiculous.
The Tropicana and Emperador get mixed reviews on TA, no in-room WiFi.
When I was there, Tropicana also gave you a wrist band. Fortunately, it was loose enough to wriggle off when going out for the evening.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:43 pm
Suspended

How about V177? Anyone stayed there?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:15 pm
Suspended

I think it all depends on the room you get. I am also allergic to stair and hill climbing, so that rules out most all of the building for me.
Any suggestions for condo numbers? I hear some are renovated and some are not.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:51 am

Any suggestions for condo numbers? I hear some are renovated and some are not.
Sorry, no I cant help. It was so long ago that I visited the building, that I am sure many have been remodeled since. If I remember correctly, the ones on higher floors get more truck traffic noise from the highway, but I could be thinking of another property.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 1:53 pm

Last time I was in PVR, back in December, I stayed at the V177 and really liked it. I rented a 1BR and was actually the first person to ever sleep in it. The owner gave me a little break on the rate because she didn't have any reviews on the VRBO site.

The place was fabulous, high end finishes, new high end appliances, including a washer and dryer, everything in the apt you would ever need, great space. This one had two balconies that had sliders, when opened all the way, the whole apartment became a huge outdoor space. Building management was very friendly and better than any hotel desk clerks. Answered questions, gave directions helped out in any way they could. (I think the majority of the bldg is geared to rent to tourists, so the set up works like a hotel)

Location is excellent, great views. The Gym on the roof is kind if lame, but the lap pool up there was really nice. It's probably a few dollars more than what you might used to be paying for PVR ,( I think I paid around $125 a night, off season rate, just before Xmas, but way less than what you would pay anywhere else for this level of service and accommodations. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.