Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Tel Aviv Pride - June 2011?

Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT

is anybody heading to Tel Aviv for the gay pride in June? I see there are quite many tickets (at least from Europe) at a very fair price.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 5:46 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

When in June is Tel Aviv pride? We'll be on a cruise that stops in Tel Aviv for 2 days in the later part of June.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
2011 Pride in Tel Aviv is on Friday June 10.

http://www.gaytlvguide.com/the-guide/pride-parade
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:32 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

We're there about 10 days later
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Yep, my bf and I are going. First time to TLV...can't wait.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

I will likely go as well. Anyone in for a mini-Do?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I'll be there too.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
wish I was there but I'll be there in 2 weeks and back in July, can't make it in June

TLV Pride is awesome.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
oh, great, so im not going to be there all alone

what r u going to do in there except for the pride? im hitting the North of Israel from early June.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dominikkk
oh, great, so im not going to be there all alone

what r u going to do in there except for the pride? im hitting the North of Israel from early June.
I am going to spend at least 6 days in Tel Aviv, then check out the Dead Sea and possibly Eilat. I visited Haifa and Jerusalem last time with a group of FTers (straight) and think those places are well worth a visit for anyone who haven't been there. For me, the primary purpose is just Tel Aviv, its party, nightlife and people. The side trips are just added bonus and to be able to say I have been to the Dead Sea. Tel Aviv is very gay friendly and in general, men there tend to be more laid back and adventurous at the same time. The only issue is not all of them actually speak English so communication can be problematic.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by entropy
wish I was there but I'll be there in 2 weeks and back in July, can't make it in June

TLV Pride is awesome.
Any recommendations during/around the TLV pride? Is the crowd mostly local Israeli/Jews or mixed with lots of European tourists?
Old May 13, 2011, 10:34 am

I'm going to be there for pride! I'll be in Tel Aviv from the 9 - 14 June. Visiting some other parts of Israel before that.
Old May 13, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: CO/*G, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Guava
Any recommendations during/around the TLV pride? Is the crowd mostly local Israeli/Jews or mixed with lots of European tourists?
It's mixed, but heavy on the local Tel Aviv is all about beach + food + going out. Definitely make an effort to go to some of the newer foodie restaurants if that's your thing.

I'll be there. Flying BA F from JFK via LHR on the 8th (arriving on the 9th). I'm also doing a weekend in fire island beforehand, so that week will probably be the gayest thing ever.
Old May 14, 2011, 3:34 pm

Did the bar "Minus 1" close down? Does anyone know?
Any other similarly-fun suggestions?
Old May 17, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I didn't see anything going on at the -1 when I was there, just got back sunday.

The ZIZI on Carlibach was good when we went.
EVITA is still big.

The best place to check on upcoming parties is on atraf (www.atraf.co.il)

I often just like to walk around the city, which has its own type of beauty...

The city donated a building for the Gay and Lesbian center, which is in Gan Meir between King George and Tcherikovsky, worth checking out since the park and the area/building are quite nice and there's a good cafe there.

Some food recommendations:

Asif (v. gay friendly restaurant, with great food)
Felafel Hakosem (which is the best in my opinion)
The Salon (which is an amazing experience, but VERY expensive http://matkonation.com/en/recommenda...on-eyal-shani/), if you want something similar he has a 2nd restaurant called North Abraxas, but for both you need reservations, and don't go before 9p on either one.

Rustico - Italian, very good
Coffee Bar - French/Med - excellent restaurant, a bit off the beaten path but great, not to be confused with espresso bar which is also excellent but not a full restaurant.

Benedict - all day breakfast
Moses - late night post bar burgers
HaPizza - great extremely fresh pizza
Abu Adham (Carlibach) - druze style hummus
I don't know the name, but there's a great schnitzel place on hayarkon just south of the US embassy.

There will most certainly be a large influx of euro-gays for pride festivities.

If its not booked up already, the Hotel Brown is brand new and very nice, relatively inexpensive and close to the best part of town (NOT on the beach).Montefiore is also excellent, nearby but it'll run ~$400 a night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.