Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Hotel in Montreal's gay Village?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in Montreal's gay Village?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Smile Hotel in Montreal's gay Village?

Anyone know of a good, reasonably priced hotel in Montreal's gay village area? My family (lesbian couple, & 13 year old son) will be staying over just one night on our way back from Paris.
Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:33 pm

Montreal B&B -- very nice!

This one is easy ! (If they have space!^)

http://www.sirmontcalm.com/

This is a beautiful spot, very clean, very classy.
6 stars in my book.

call Andre'
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:36 pm

Sir Montcalm...

also it's just a few blocks from the central bus station where the 8$ airport bus (747) runs 24 hours a day....

--Montreal isn't Paris, but it sure is a lot of fun! --
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The Gouverneur?

http://www.gouverneur.com/fiche.php?hotel_id=2
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by anonplz

I agree, I would go with the Gouverneur. I have stayed there a couple times. easy walk to everything in the village and by a subway and the entire staff speaks fluent english (which is probably the case at any Montreal hotel).

It's been a couple years since I have been to Montreal, but if they still have the upgrade package at checkin I would take it. For something like $20CAN more a night you get on a higher level, 2 free buffet breakfasts every morning and free internet.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:01 pm

Thumbs up Hotel Maritme Plaza

Hotel Maritme Plaza is a great option in Montreal, very well located in the heart of downtown, close to restaurants and Montreal’s historic Old Port.
http://www.gaytravel.com/plan/accomm...aritime-plaza/
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
For women only:

http://www.lindseys.ca/

The surrounding area is great.

One of the owners used to be great CBC radio host.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Montreal hotel

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions. Something big must be going on in Montreal the weekend we will be there (June 11-12) because there are no vacancies at the places you recommended, or pretty much any other hotel in the area. Any other suggestions?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 5:25 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by thanks
Thanks, everyone for the suggestions. Something big must be going on in Montreal the weekend we will be there (June 11-12) because there are no vacancies at the places you recommended, or pretty much any other hotel in the area. Any other suggestions?
You have accidentally chosen the 'wrong' weekend:

http://www.514-tickets.com/sport/grand+prix+du+canada

Apparently, that's the only time when ALL hotels sell out at rack (and higher) rates.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Hilton Honours, Starwood, VIA Preference
Another option - Airbnb

Yep, Grand Prix du Canada this weekend. The actual race is on Sunday but everything will be booked from Wednesday until Monday. It is a fabulous time to be in Montreal BUT people reserve months in advance to get a hotel room and they do pay a premium rate. One other possibility - airbnb.

http://www.airbnb.com/

Airbnb is a reputable short-term house/apartment rental site. Some of the people registered will want to share their lodging but some actually have places to rent.

Good luck. I hope you find someplace to lay your heads.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Don't know that they'd have any availability either, but I'd recommend the Absolumment Montreal. Great B&B on Amherst a couple of blocks north of St. Catherine's - the breakfasts (multi-course) are outstanding.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:51 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Hi,
I am bumping this thread to get any up to date recommendations of hotels near the ‘gay village’.

In late October I am attending a conference at the Marriott Chateau Champlain, but thought staying closer to some gay life might be more fun.

The conference room rate at the Marriott is $169+taxes – so need a hotel that is in the price range (or below) so I can successfully negotiate with my work to stay elseswhere.

I would be happy to get any recommendations.

Thanks very much.

Jeff.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
Hi,
I am bumping this thread to get any up to date recommendations of hotels near the ‘gay village’.

In late October I am attending a conference at the Marriott Chateau Champlain, but thought staying closer to some gay life might be more fun.

The conference room rate at the Marriott is $169+taxes – so need a hotel that is in the price range (or below) so I can successfully negotiate with my work to stay elseswhere.

I would be happy to get any recommendations.

Thanks very much.

Jeff.
You may be able to the gouvernours on St. Henri for that rate if you can get a AAA or special deal. If not would they allow you to book a room for over $169 and just pay the difference yourself.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: DL Plat
The Gouvernour is really the only option to be right in the center of the Village.

You can usually get a basic room for $115 - $130 which includes Wifi - many times they will upgrade the room if you book through the Directly.

And skip the breakfast - it's usually pretty sad.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:16 pm

The Gouvernour is really the only option to be right in the center of the Village.
It's been about a year since I was there, but if your looking for a proper hotel, The Gouverner is the only big hotel in the gay village but I wouldn't call it right in the center, but s few short blocks away.

There are alot of very good quality gay B&Bs in the center of the village, not sure if your office would consider those. (My big corporate employer did approve a stay at one of them for a work related trip)

http://www.sirmontcalm.com/

The Sir Montcalm is very charming and well run and they have a really fabulous breakfast and an open kitchen for snacks

Sir Montcalm's cousin...
http://www.aubergell.com/

It's a little smaller but the same charm and wonderful breakfast.

There are a few others that are located in the gay village that have the same amenities as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.