Gay massage Jakarta?

Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Gay massage Jakarta?

Hi

CAN anyone recommend a gay massage place in Jakarta that you have actually been too?

Thanks

Alex
Old Aug 19, 2010, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Smile

What is gay "massage"? Below average massage with happy ending?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
actually skin rubbing, no massage, happy ending and probably a nasty lemon oil smell for 24 hours

(or so I've heard )
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
What part of the city are you staying in? When are you coming? If staying in CBD this is one of the nicer spas for gay men in JKT:

http://www.9massage.com/

If you are staying in South JKT, I can recommend another one. If you are coming soon, it is Ramadan; don't expect much to "happen" before the sun goes down. Some bars/clubs/massage may be closed for the month. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions about gay jkt.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:53 am

My thoughts exactly. What is a gay massage?.

There is no such thing as a gay massage in Indonesia. If you want an awful massage wth a happy ending, you are in the wrong city. A trip to BKK or HKT will fullfill those desires, easily. Be sure to tip.

On a side note, if you are looking for an Indonesian, Javanese style massage - masseurs in Indonesia (Indonesian : Tukang Urut, English : Massuer) are considered healers, (almost to the level of a Doctor) in the villages, and it is considered a very noble, important profession. There is Thai style, Sweedish style and along the same lines also Indonesian Javanese, which I do encourage you to try. I find it to be very theraputic.

I am sure you can kind that in Jakarta (I am not sure how - ask the concierge at your hotel), but for Indonesia style spa treatments, I prefer going to DPS for that. You will find the nicer hotels, snapped up some of the best Indonesian massuers in the country.

Not dissiapoint you, usually the massuers are older, more accomplished gentleman.

I am not sure if that's what you meant by a gay massage.

Last edited by meFIRST; Aug 19, 2010 at 10:59 am
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
What part of the city are you staying in? When are you coming? If staying in CBD this is one of the nicer spas for gay men in JKT:

http://www.9massage.com/

If you are staying in South JKT, I can recommend another one. If you are coming soon, it is Ramadan; don't expect much to "happen" before the sun goes down. Some bars/clubs/massage may be closed for the month. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions about gay jkt.

I just love this : (from the 9massage.com website)

You can choose one or two of our Well trained therapist to accompany you into sauna

Fee per hour for one therapist:

One hour - IDR 100,000 *
Two hour - IDR 175,000 *
Three hours - IDR 250,000 *

Who knew I needed an guide into the sauna? (and I'm surprised the guides are so cheap. 200,000 Rupiah i(USD 20?) is roughly what I tippped the concieger/butler at our DPS hotel when I was there in Feb)

Last edited by meFIRST; Aug 19, 2010 at 11:09 am
Old Aug 20, 2010, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by meFIRST

There is no such thing as a gay massage in Indonesia. If you want an awful massage wth a happy ending, you are in the wrong city. A trip to BKK or HKT will fullfill those desires, easily. Be sure to tip.
My experiences have been very different. I've spent a lot of time in BKK, HKT, SIN, and JKT (as I'm sure you have), and I've had good massages and bad massages in each place. JKT is just as "wicked" as BKK even though as Muslim country, you just have to be patient, and can find any scene here.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by meFIRST
I just love this : (from the 9massage.com website)

You can choose one or two of our Well trained therapist to accompany you into sauna

Fee per hour for one therapist:

One hour - IDR 100,000 *
Two hour - IDR 175,000 *
Three hours - IDR 250,000 *

Who knew I needed an guide into the sauna? (and I'm surprised the guides are so cheap. 200,000 Rupiah i(USD 20?) is roughly what I tippped the
concieger/butler at our DPS hotel when I was there in Feb)
Just remember, what is cheap to you, is not cheap to an Indonesian. The average salary here is well under 400 USD per month; if not less.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by alexspad
Hi

CAN anyone recommend a gay massage place in Jakarta that you have actually been too?

Thanks

Alex
Alexspad,

Welcome to Flyertalk!

250,000 RP, when you do the conversion is 25 USD. You can gauge your fees from there.

There may be some saunas in Jakarta that also offer massage services. My friend and I were going to try one of those saunas but that was a few years ago and they may not be around anymore.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:29 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.319 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yes - I will concur with that. I have found that in islamic countries, the gay places tend to move a lot and it is absolutely essential to have the latest information about where to go. Often information on the internet is also outdated . In my case the concierge at the hotel I was staying at (The Dharmawangsa) provided me with an update. Though I am curious to try the place mentioned here.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Wait for it, wait for it....
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
If you sign onto the usual apps you will find lots of people offering massage of some sort

DPS I could offer some suggestions but JKT no idea

Have your had a look at utopia its a asian location guide

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.