Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 18, 10, 11:23 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Gay massage Jakarta?

Hi

CAN anyone recommend a gay massage place in Jakarta that you have actually been too?

Thanks

Alex
alexspad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 10, 2:18 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: All over
Programs: Most
Posts: 10,744
Smile

What is gay "massage"? Below average massage with happy ending?
holtju2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 10, 8:27 am   #3
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BCN
Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
Posts: 801
actually skin rubbing, no massage, happy ending and probably a nasty lemon oil smell for 24 hours

(or so I've heard )
__________________
I'm starting to think I ain't no non-frequent traveler anymore
dragonfirebcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 10, 9:01 am   #4
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CGK/KOA
Programs: Recovering UA 1K, AA ExPlat, HH Gold
Posts: 969
What part of the city are you staying in? When are you coming? If staying in CBD this is one of the nicer spas for gay men in JKT:

http://www.9massage.com/

If you are staying in South JKT, I can recommend another one. If you are coming soon, it is Ramadan; don't expect much to "happen" before the sun goes down. Some bars/clubs/massage may be closed for the month. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions about gay jkt.
__________________
Spreading Aloha around da world one trip at a time!
Penguinmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 10, 10:53 am   #5
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,423
My thoughts exactly. What is a gay massage?.

There is no such thing as a gay massage in Indonesia. If you want an awful massage wth a happy ending, you are in the wrong city. A trip to BKK or HKT will fullfill those desires, easily. Be sure to tip.

On a side note, if you are looking for an Indonesian, Javanese style massage - masseurs in Indonesia (Indonesian : Tukang Urut, English : Massuer) are considered healers, (almost to the level of a Doctor) in the villages, and it is considered a very noble, important profession. There is Thai style, Sweedish style and along the same lines also Indonesian Javanese, which I do encourage you to try. I find it to be very theraputic.

I am sure you can kind that in Jakarta (I am not sure how - ask the concierge at your hotel), but for Indonesia style spa treatments, I prefer going to DPS for that. You will find the nicer hotels, snapped up some of the best Indonesian massuers in the country.

Not dissiapoint you, usually the massuers are older, more accomplished gentleman.

I am not sure if that's what you meant by a gay massage.

Last edited by meFIRST; Aug 19, 10 at 10:59 am..
meFIRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 10, 11:02 am   #6
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon View Post
What part of the city are you staying in? When are you coming? If staying in CBD this is one of the nicer spas for gay men in JKT:

http://www.9massage.com/

If you are staying in South JKT, I can recommend another one. If you are coming soon, it is Ramadan; don't expect much to "happen" before the sun goes down. Some bars/clubs/massage may be closed for the month. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions about gay jkt.

I just love this : (from the 9massage.com website)

You can choose one or two of our Well trained therapist to accompany you into sauna

Fee per hour for one therapist:

One hour - IDR 100,000 *
Two hour - IDR 175,000 *
Three hours - IDR 250,000 *


Who knew I needed an guide into the sauna? (and I'm surprised the guides are so cheap. 200,000 Rupiah i(USD 20?) is roughly what I tippped the concieger/butler at our DPS hotel when I was there in Feb)

Last edited by meFIRST; Aug 19, 10 at 11:09 am..
meFIRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 10, 2:53 am   #7
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CGK/KOA
Programs: Recovering UA 1K, AA ExPlat, HH Gold
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by meFIRST View Post

There is no such thing as a gay massage in Indonesia. If you want an awful massage wth a happy ending, you are in the wrong city. A trip to BKK or HKT will fullfill those desires, easily. Be sure to tip.
My experiences have been very different. I've spent a lot of time in BKK, HKT, SIN, and JKT (as I'm sure you have), and I've had good massages and bad massages in each place. JKT is just as "wicked" as BKK even though as Muslim country, you just have to be patient, and can find any scene here.
__________________
Spreading Aloha around da world one trip at a time!
Penguinmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 10, 2:55 am   #8
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CGK/KOA
Programs: Recovering UA 1K, AA ExPlat, HH Gold
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by meFIRST View Post
I just love this : (from the 9massage.com website)

You can choose one or two of our Well trained therapist to accompany you into sauna

Fee per hour for one therapist:

One hour - IDR 100,000 *
Two hour - IDR 175,000 *
Three hours - IDR 250,000 *


Who knew I needed an guide into the sauna? (and I'm surprised the guides are so cheap. 200,000 Rupiah i(USD 20?) is roughly what I tippped the
concieger/butler at our DPS hotel when I was there in Feb)
Just remember, what is cheap to you, is not cheap to an Indonesian. The average salary here is well under 400 USD per month; if not less.
__________________
Spreading Aloha around da world one trip at a time!
Penguinmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 10, 11:58 am   #9
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Enough to travel better
Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexspad View Post
Hi

CAN anyone recommend a gay massage place in Jakarta that you have actually been too?

Thanks

Alex
Alexspad,

Welcome to Flyertalk!

250,000 RP, when you do the conversion is 25 USD. You can gauge your fees from there.

There may be some saunas in Jakarta that also offer massage services. My friend and I were going to try one of those saunas but that was a few years ago and they may not be around anymore.
tonywestsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 10, 10:29 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,423
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.319 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yes - I will concur with that. I have found that in islamic countries, the gay places tend to move a lot and it is absolutely essential to have the latest information about where to go. Often information on the internet is also outdated . In my case the concierge at the hotel I was staying at (The Dharmawangsa) provided me with an update. Though I am curious to try the place mentioned here.
meFIRST is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:30 am.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.