Oktoberfest Beer Tent Tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
So there is not a possibility of purchasing the tickets in advance to ensure seating?
Dunno dude. We either have a table reserved or just show up and find a spot to sit.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So there is not a possibility of purchasing the tickets in advance to ensure seating?
There are no 'tickets'. In spring, you book tables of 6/8/10 seats with a prepay of 30-60€/Person depending on the time of day or tent which are then allocated based on reputation, vodoo, connections etc. Upon allocation, you have to cough up the prepayment instantly. By easter all good days/locations are gone.

Then you are left with brokers, who snap up 1000s of tables in advance and sell you events with extra fees for tours or attendants. Some of these tables become vacant in the last minute and are sold at cost. I snapped up a table at the Winzerer Fähndl for 66€/Person that was originally booked by Expedia for an employee event. The Expedia people though I would pay them the amount they paid to the event company, which led to some discussions at the tent... Luckily the lead negotiator already had consumed a liter of Beer...
Old May 5, 2012, 7:42 am

You guys enjoy Oktoberfest 2012, because things may change in 2013.

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20120504-42351.html
Old May 6, 2012, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by MariaSF
You guys enjoy Oktoberfest 2012, because things may change in 2013.

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20120504-42351.html
Not an issue for me since I only order maß and don't spend all day at a table.

I suspect that the majority of the troublesome drunks aren't Germans at all.
Old May 7, 2012, 2:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Already today a large section in the area around the band in the pit is reservation free and first come first serve. The servers there have a weird system though pretending its reserved, which can be negated by a firm look in the exe and promise to consume copious amount of alcohol/food.

The beer tents are a massive money printing machine, the new lord of the jungle knows that and will probably know better soon enough. A large section of Munich citizens hate the chaos and primitiveness that descends on this town each year...
Old May 30, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH/SPG Peonium, Natl, Bud, Oregon Wines on Broadway Wineaux
Originally Posted by oliver2002
A large section of Munich citizens hate the chaos and primitiveness that descends on this town each year...
That's sad.

I'm going this year: I'm hazarding a guess that this will be a fascinating experience...
Old May 31, 2012, 12:13 am

It will be an experience, that's for sure. Just try to avoid going during Italian weekend.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: 2015 kettle

Anyone have a few hotel recommendations in Munich for Oktoberfest? Going September 25-27......
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by mickeydfly13
Anyone have a few hotel recommendations in Munich for Oktoberfest? Going September 25-27......
Whichever ones still has availability and are within your budget.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by sparkchaser
Whichever ones still has availability and are within your budget.
great, thanks..............
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by mickeydfly13
great, thanks..............
My reply may have come off as snarky but it's the truth. Hotel prices in Munich during Oktoberfest are 3-5x times the normal rate (if not more!) and book very, very, very quickly.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Anyone know where I can try and make reservations for tables? Is very frustrating and can't seem to find it.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:51 am

Anyone know where I can try and make reservations for tables? Is very frustrating and can't seem to find it.
You have to contact the tent directly. Here is a good starting point: http://gogermany.about.com/od/oktobe...beer_tents.htm Note that most tents will not reserve a table for you if your party is less than 10.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:48 am

In January/February you fill out the form(s) on the websites of the tents, which will then send you the application form around March/April which you need to fax/email in. The invoice for the prepayment comes in june and needs to be paid by July. They start mailing the vouchers and exact details of which table you have in August.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by sparkchaser
My reply may have come off as snarky but it's the truth. Hotel prices in Munich during Oktoberfest are 3-5x times the normal rate (if not more!) and book very, very, very quickly.
no worries--I know the prices are quite high, but I often stay in NYC...kind of looks like that.

Anyone know if it's difficult/easy to get from hotels near the airport to the Oktoberfest grounds?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.