Wiki Posts
Search

Toyoko Inn in Frankfurt?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Toyoko Inn in Frankfurt?

Has anyone tried the Toyoko-Inn in Frankfurt?
I am wondering if points can be used there.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Has anyone tried the Toyoko-Inn in Frankfurt?
I am wondering if points can be used there.
Bumping a 7 year-old thread is frowned on here at FT. Also, since the question is about Germany, it should probably be posted in that forum. I'll ask a moderator to move it.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
For 39 EUR per night, points don't seem to be a very good option. I don't know how good your German is, but Google Translate might also help with this article.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:39 am

@SunshineStay says right, the charge per night is 39 EUR.

After going through the reviews mentioned on booking.com, it seems good to go. You need to follow their norms otherwise you will have to pay extra bucks; even 1000€.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by TheMadeTraveler
@SunshineStay says right, the charge per night is 39 EUR.

After going through the reviews mentioned on booking.com, it seems good to go. You need to follow their norms otherwise you will have to pay extra bucks; even 1000€.
has anyone actually been charged 1000 euros?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MrWilliamston
has anyone actually been charged 1000 euros?
Guess not... At least I can´t see such a clause is valid in most cases under German law
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Guess not... At least I can´t see such a clause is valid in most cases under German law
It seems to me that the hotel is clearly at fault. They could have easily wired the bathroom light so that the ventilation fan comes on simultaneously. Unless someone takes a shower or bath in the dark, there is no issue of the the smoke detectors being set off by the steam. In addition, the hotel obviously know the problem exist, which is why they took the trouble of printing out the notices and putting them in every room.

However, as this hotel is clearly catering to Japanese travelers and people looking for budget hotels, those guest will not have the time to fight the 1000 euro charge. I assume the hotel will somehow just add the 1000 euro charge to the guest's hotel bill and he/she will not find out about it until they see their credit card statement. (after arriving home which is hundreds if not thousands of kilometers away on a different continent) It will probably be very hard to fight the charges. My advice is for anyone checking into that hotel with a prepaid debit card(Visa, AmEx) with just enough to cover the authorization for the number of nights at this hotel. That's what I do when I check into questionable budget hotels.(such as Hyatt Place, Residence Inn)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.