Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring in MUC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Transferring in MUC

I will be flying United IAD-MUC on one ticket, then flying Air Berlin MUC-TXL on a separate ticket. How much time should I allow taking into account immigration/customs and/or baggage? I will just have a typical roller board carry-on suitcase and a briefcase. I will be arriving at 7:50 am. Will I be able to make a 10:40 am flight?

On the return, I will be on a Lufthansa flight LEJ-MUC on one ticket and MUC-IAD on United on a separate ticket. Not sure if they will make me check my bag, but if so, if I arrive in MUC at 10:30 am will I be able to make a 12:20 pm flight?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Almost 3 hours for LH-AB in MUC is OK. Make sure you check in online for your AB flight.

Does your LEJ-MUC ticket include checked baggage? If its 'delivery at aircraft' because of an RJ flight, then the hand luggage is given back to you as you deplane in MUC.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Assuming both your inbound flights are on-time, you should be fine.
MUC is a good airport to make a transfer http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ad-merged.html
You are not connecting as you will be on separate itineraries, so if your first flight is delayed and you miss the second one, then expect to pay for an expensive walk-up fare to reach your destination.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
To transfer from terminal 2 United to terminal 1 Air Berlin you can use the transfer Bus:

Transfer Bus between Terminal 2 and 1
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingfkb
To transfer from terminal 2 United to terminal 1 Air Berlin you can use the transfer Bus:

Transfer Bus between Terminal 2 and 1
So after landing, I just go through passport control, then transfer bus to terminal 1? No need for Terminal 1 security, correct?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Almost 3 hours for LH-AB in MUC is OK. Make sure you check in online for your AB flight.

Does your LEJ-MUC ticket include checked baggage? If its 'delivery at aircraft' because of an RJ flight, then the hand luggage is given back to you as you deplane in MUC.
Thanks. The LEJ-MUC ticket does not include checked baggage, unless they force me to check it due to being over 8 kg.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by thor17
So after landing, I just go through passport control, then transfer bus to terminal 1? No need for Terminal 1 security, correct?
Yes, but if you have more time on hand, just walk, security in T1 is not very invasive.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:51 pm

I am hoping from reading all of these, that I have the following info correct:

Flying from Budapest to Munich to SFO. I arrive in T2 and need to take a shuttle/train to T2S. I will have to go through passport check and a possible random security screen. My 1 hour 20 minute layover should not be a problem, assuming my departure from Budapest is on time.

I am flying Business class, and I do have a United Club Card. I think I figured out the transfer correctly. Which lounge, if any, do you suggest? Many thanks in advance!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DrinkingCoffee

I am flying Business class, and I do have a United Club Card. I think I figured out the transfer correctly. Which lounge, if any, do you suggest? Many thanks in advance!
Lufthansa has both Business and Senator's lounges there. You don't provide enough information to know if you'll have access to the Senator's lounge, which is very nice. I don't think the card gets you in, but *G status will.

Doubtful you'll have a lot of time to use the lounge anyway.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by JBord
Lufthansa has both Business and Senator's lounges there. You don't provide enough information to know if you'll have access to the Senator's lounge, which is very nice. I don't think the card gets you in, but *G status will.

Doubtful you'll have a lot of time to use the lounge anyway.

Thank you for the feedback. I am *G, but I agree that I may not have much free time. Thank you again for taking time to respond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.