Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

1.5 hours enough to transit through HAM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL

I'm flying UA from EWR-HAM then LH to MUC (same ticket). Only have 1.5 hours in Hamburg. I assume I don't have to get luggage. Will I have enough time to get through custom? Do I need to go to a different terminal?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: SK Gold, BA Gold
Yes, that is plenty, otherwise they wouldn't have sold you that connection. You won't see your bags until you get to Munich, so that's also where you'll be going through customs, not Hamburg. You will go through immigration in Hamburg, but 90 minutes will be more than enough. I'm pretty sure you will arrive and depart from Terminal 2, but in any case both terminals are connected airside. HAM is a lot more compact than EWR.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Terminals are connected airside and landside. You could make such a connection in under 30 minutes easily.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
HAM is nothing like MUC or FRA, or even DUS. It's pretty small actually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.