Wiki Posts
Search

Lindau & Bregenz

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Lindau & Bregenz

Hello,

I'm fairly new here and wanted to do a sort of introductory post while asking a question simultaneously.

My girlfriend and I are taking our first trip to Europe next month. We have decided to go to Munich, Fussen, Lindau, Zurich, and Amsterdam. Our days have pretty much been planned as far as activities go, but I haven't found much to fill our days (2) in the Lindau/Bregenz area. I would like to go to Pfänder (as the vantage point looks quite nice) and stroll around the island in Lindau.

I read a bit on the Pfänder website about a hike to Eichenberg for a cheese tour that takes around 5 hours but haven't been able to find much about it.

Would anyone else like to offer a suggestion? We will not have a car, unfortunately.

-T_L

Last edited by travelin_lite; Feb 27, 2017 at 1:51 pm
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:10 am

Next month as in March or as in April?

While weather can be nice in either, it can still be very cold too. End of April can be perfect hiking weather, or still having some snow on the hills.

Lindau/Bregenz is probably more of a summer destination than winter, but you'll find some nice things to do for sure. Most of my suggestions will be on the Swiss side, though (will you have unlimited rail pass? then it's not really an issue..) - public transport in Switzerland is much better than in Germany/Austria, as you'll find out.

On a really bad day (rain/cold), you might want to go for a hot indoor fun bath - Säntispark. Basically a "six flags" in the water. Newly renovated and expanded. If you're into that.

Alternatively, the "cheese production museum" in Stein AR (Appenzell AR) might interest you, since you mentioned Cheese. http://www.schaukaeserei.ch/en

Or the pitoresk city of Appenzell itself. Also, St. Gallen has a nice old town (it can all be combined into a long 1-day trip) too, and many interesting historical buildings.

For hiking, it will HEAVILY depend on the weather (and the weather in the weeks before) - most probably, it won't be really nice to go on a hike in the hills around Bregenz so much yet. You might want to check the weather shortly before departing and thus plan on the go.

I'll most probably be in the area too, so if you like, I can guide you a bit around myself. Hit me up if interested..
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, Yuropflyer. We will be in Germany/Switzerland from 25/3-30/3. I will look into your suggestions. The Appenzell area looks interesting and St. Gallen combined into a day trip might be just what we are looking for.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:00 am

You can also look at Friedrichshafen, home to the Zeppelin Museum, which is very close to Lindau and the beautiful and quaint village of Meersburg. You can take a boat from Lindau to visit both of them. You could visit the university town of Konstanz. There is a lot of Bodensee wine produced in this area.
Bodensee = Lake Constance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.