Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Where can I follow news on the ongoing strikes at TXL/SXF?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:59 am
Original Poster

I'm flying LHR-TXL-LHR on BA next weekend.

Strikes by cabin crew on BA have put my flights at risk, but I think my flights might be unaffected.

I hear from a friend if mine who tried to fly from Berlin to London earlier this week that there were ground staff/baggage handler strikes last week which meant my friend had to take a train to Cologne to be able to fly back to the UK!

Where is the best place to keep up to date on developing news on this topic? Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:43 am

If you can speak German, you're likely to find news at www.rbb-online.de , the website of the regional public broadcaster for Berlin-Brandenburg. New strikes are quite likely based on what the union says.

You can also check the union's website for their press releases: https://bb.verdi.de/themen/nachrichten . If they were to strike again, it would likely be announced on there with at least a day's notice.

Last edited by Ber2dca; Feb 21, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately my German is limited, but Google Translate will be of service here!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
BA flights to TXL are flown by WW crew who are not involved in any strikes (currently.)
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: SK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
BA flights to TXL are flown by WW crew who are not involved in any strikes (currently.)
This is about the strikes of the ground staff at TXL and SXF, not those by BA's Mixed Fleet crew.

They don't seem to have announced any for this week yet, which gives me hope for my flight on Friday morning.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I know. I just wanted to give OP comfort that at least BA won't be the source of his trip not happening. Speaking with a friend of mine who lives in Berlin and travels frequently, I do not believe there will be any strikes this week.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I know. I just wanted to give OP comfort that at least BA won't be the source of his trip not happening. Speaking with a friend of mine who lives in Berlin and travels frequently, I do not believe there will be any strikes this week.
Thank you. I didn't realise this was a WW route, the info is appreciated!

Looks good in terms of Berlin airport staff so far for this weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.